Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 40 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#234248 - 05/29/11 12:14 AM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: tristian]  
Kim & Lilly Offline
Lives Here
Kim & Lilly  Offline
Lives Here

Nashville, TN
Just an FYI - Delta Dash also has controlled climate cargo. I have had two birds sent to me from California (to TN) on two seperate occasions and they did just fine. smile Cost about $100.00

I am glad everything has worked out. Kim

#234250 - 05/29/11 12:28 AM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: Kim & Lilly]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Excellent news Helen - who is providing the leg(s) from the CT/NY border to MD? NY Mayor's Alliance?

Kim, that is very good info - I did not know Delta offered that and I made a "note to self". I know that there is a stigma attached to shipping, probably a spillover from breeders shipping birds anywhere and everywhere without regard for their safety and comfort.

As I mentioned I was very impressed w/the service Continental offers and when my guys were brought out to me they were talking up a storm and very animated - and both had rough histories as well - as I know you're 2 did. It's scary putting a bird on a plane but if it means getting them into a good situation, it's something to explore/consider.

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#234251 - 05/29/11 01:59 AM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: EchosMom]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Helen has been working her tail off on this one! After tons of research, phone calls and determination the birds will be flying to Virginia from Maine at no cost through Pilot's and Paws. I hope Helen doesn't get mad at me for spilling the beans.
Nancy

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#234254 - 05/29/11 02:22 AM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: BE2Cassie]  
Anniesmom Offline
Anniesmom  Offline

Fort Worth, TX
Yeah for the birdies, I am sure they will love their new home.

Lisa
#234255 - 05/29/11 02:29 AM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: BE2Cassie]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
WOW,WOW, WOW - WTG Helen and WTG Pilots N Paws!

I just located PNP's site and have also linked below a trailer of an upcoming film spot on the organization. There are truly angels amongst us!

http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/index.php

http://www.knoxvillefilms.com/2009/05/trailer-for-tales-in-flight.html

Last edited by EchosMom; 05/29/11 02:30 AM.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

#234258 - 05/29/11 03:45 AM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: EchosMom]  
Brandy's mom Offline
Lives Here
Brandy's mom  Offline
Lives Here

W. Tennessee
Outstanding news!! Thank you Helen and Pilot's & Paws for giving these two parrots their wings back!

Man has turned Earth into a hell for animals.
Arthur Schopenhauer
#234266 - 05/29/11 10:15 AM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: Brandy's mom]  
tristian Offline
tristian  Offline

amelia, virginia
thanks everyone. but all in all we all were trying to get these babies home. something just kept bothering me about us not being able to get them here without stressing them out. and god knows how many hours it would have taken to get them here.

i think it's great that marybeth one of the pilots that will do the final leg has an m2 and a cockateil also she said she is very excited about this transport as she realizes how many birds need to be rescued. i really hope she has a little time before she has to take off to make up to the sanctuary when matt releases the greys. at least she has experience with birds and will be able to tell if they are stressed.

and nancy i couldnt be mad at you. you have worked hard on this also.

i found pilots n paws after talking to a few of the farmers out here who have planes and after looking into it i can home wed nite and posted on their site and withing 4 hours had a response with 2 pilots wanting to help. matt just happen to return my call when i opened the email and i had tears streaming down my face and was shaking i was so surpised that this was going to happen.

these folks are truley angels and they work on donations. so if anyone may have a dollor or 2 they could spare i'm sure they could use it.

i'm taking off of work to go up and meet marybeth so i can thank her myself and by the way janet i had one extra coffee mug from the dedication that i will give to her from the mytoo's site if that is ok and i think i may do her a bird house since i have a couple.

i'm still waiting on both pilots to give me the ok that they have the flight plans set and will keep everyone posted as for sure they will be home on the 9th.

here's to PILOTSNPAWS our angels with wings

helen

May your Birds out live You.Only in caring Hands.
#234269 - 05/29/11 04:23 PM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: tristian]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Thanks for the update Helen - I read the thread on their forum last night.

Here is the link to Pilots N Paws main website. http://pilotsnpaws.org/ There are lots of previous stories and pictures. For those wanting to support, in addition to donations they also sell merchandise to help fund the wonderful work they do. http://pilotsnpaws.admark360.com/

#234270 - 05/29/11 05:16 PM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: EchosMom]  
MissYumYum Offline
Lives Here
MissYumYum  Offline
Lives Here

Dallas, Texas
Awesome update! Huge thank-you's to all involved!

Annette

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step - Old Chinese Proverb
#234531 - 06/08/11 09:49 PM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: MissYumYum]  
Brandy's mom Offline
Lives Here
Brandy's mom  Offline
Lives Here

W. Tennessee
Just thinking about the big day tomorrow for these two parrots. I hope that all goes well and the pilot at the end of the relay is able to see them at their new home. Hope we get some video/pixs.

Arthur Schopenhauer
#234548 - 06/10/11 04:37 AM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: Brandy's mom]  
Brandy's mom Offline
Lives Here
Brandy's mom  Offline
Lives Here

W. Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Brandy's mom
Just thinking about the big day tomorrow for these two parrots. I hope that all goes well and the pilot at the end of the relay is able to see them at their new home. Hope we get some video/pixs.

I sit corrected.

Arthur Schopenhauer
#234549 - 06/10/11 04:44 AM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: Brandy's mom]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Yeah, it's a shame that the weather did not cooperate today. They are going to give it a try again next Thursday.

#234551 - 06/10/11 11:26 AM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: EchosMom]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Keeping fingers crossed for good weather next Thursday. Yesterday the weather here was awful. We had bad thunderstorms in the morning that were not predicted and then severe storms with very high winds here from 5 until close to 9 last night. It would have been so dangerous for the small planes.
Nancy

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#234564 - 06/11/11 07:15 PM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: BE2Cassie]  
Lucy's Mom Offline
Lives Here
Lucy's Mom  Offline
Lives Here

Parrish, FL
Ditto here.

Karen, Lucy (U2), BooBoo (CAG),Pina (BCC),Willie (Cockatiel),
Melody, Sonata, Penny & Dory(dogs)
#234701 - 06/18/11 09:26 PM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: Lucy's Mom]  
Brandy's mom Offline
Lives Here
Brandy's mom  Offline
Lives Here

W. Tennessee
Any updates?

Arthur Schopenhauer
#234702 - 06/19/11 01:31 AM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: Brandy's mom]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
I spoke with Helen Thursday and the flight had to be postponed due to weather again. Hopefully there is another pilot who will be able to help to give a bit more flexibility this week. Keeping fingers and toes crossed here!
Nancy

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#234866 - 06/23/11 04:39 PM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: BE2Cassie]  
Brandy's mom Offline
Lives Here
Brandy's mom  Offline
Lives Here

W. Tennessee
Flight conditions aren't looking good for today either... crazy

Arthur Schopenhauer
#234869 - 06/23/11 06:17 PM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: Brandy's mom]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
I doubt it will happen this week either, thunderstorms right down the east coast. If I hear anything from Helen I'll update.
Nancy

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#234895 - 06/24/11 07:10 PM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: BE2Cassie]  
Cleo's Mom Offline
Lives Here
Cleo's Mom  Offline
Lives Here

Key West, Florida
I just read this and I'm in awe of the planning and ideas for getting these Greys to Project Perry. The best bird people in the world are on this board. Thank you.

Pat

One Day At A Time
#234911 - 06/25/11 05:21 AM Re: 2 Greys need a ride to project Perry [Re: Cleo's Mom]  
tristian Offline
tristian  Offline

amelia, virginia
ok lets see if this will not be jinxed. the plans are to fly the birds out this weekend. the weather looks like it's gonna be good all weekend.

i have been invited to fly with marybeth as she lives right here in my back yard. i'v never flown but i'm excited to go. yooohooo.

there have been sooo many phone calls, text messages and cancellations on this it's unreal mary beth said she has had delays but nothing like this ever. but we are in the months were there are lots of storms.

so everyone say a prayer we are picking up 5 puppies to transfer to the pilot from up north who's picking up the greys. i think we may make it this time. i cant wait

helen

May your Birds out live You.Only in caring Hands.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny