Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 76 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#221646 - 06/05/10 10:56 AM Forum very quiet?  
Lene Offline
Lives Here
Lene  Offline
Lives Here

Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
When I first joined this forum, it was very busy... Now it's very quiet... Does that mean people are getting the message?

Cheers
Lene
#221649 - 06/05/10 12:36 PM Re: Forum very quiet? [Re: Lene]  
Elliott Offline
Lives Here
Elliott  Offline
Lives Here

Tennessee
No, I think it's just the "summertime slowdown" as I call it. People are not stuck inside and taking vacations.

#221665 - 06/05/10 06:32 PM Re: Forum very quiet? [Re: Elliott]  
FeatheredAngels Offline
Lives Here
FeatheredAngels  Offline
Lives Here

Originally Posted By: Elliott
People are not stuck inside and taking vacations.
Too Slaves take vacations? LOL. Actually Hubby and I are thinking of getting a motorhome someday, so that our flock will be able to travel with us. Otherwise I just cant imagine ever leaving Ozzy for even a few days.

But yeah Elliot is correct, I just think most folks arent inside as much with the lovely weather right now. We try to spend time outside with our flock daily, and I am sure others actually go off and do other things too lol.

Deborah
A Too is not a pet, it is a choice for life!

#221672 - 06/05/10 07:44 PM Re: Forum very quiet? [Re: FeatheredAngels]  
peppysmom Offline
peppysmom  Offline

Sarasota, Fl
Although my U2 came to live with me two months ago, last night was the first night she was left alone for any great length of time (more then three hours). I think I am going crazy, but I was so worried about leaving her alone. Not from a saftey issue, but I was worried about her being lonely or scared. I even asked the neighbour to come over for a couple hours. He also has a U2.

Am I being silly? I worry even when I am at work, even though I know my husband is at home with her, they love to talk to each other, but she is not 100% trusting with him yet. Do any of you feel this way when you have to leave your flock alone? I couldn't even imagine going on vacation.
Carmen.

Ask not what your 'Too can do for you..... but what you can do for your 'Too.
#221673 - 06/05/10 08:14 PM Re: Forum very quiet? [Re: peppysmom]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Welcome to the club! I think most of us feel the same way. We work our schedules around the birds as much as possible. We are very lucky in that we found a bird sitter that worked for my avian vet that is fantastic and both girls love her. As far as going out for dinner or for the evening we schedule our plans around Cassie's schedule. Sometimes it means taking a trip back home from what ever event we are attending to see her and get both girls into bed for the night. Afterwards we return to our event.
Summer brings with it less activity here on the board with everyone getting over being housebound from the winter.
Nancy

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#221709 - 06/06/10 05:29 PM Re: Forum very quiet? [Re: BE2Cassie]  
FeatheredAngels Offline
Lives Here
FeatheredAngels  Offline
Lives Here

You are not alone Carmen blush We never leave Ozzy home alone, except after he has gone to bed for the night. Even then it is just out to dinner or a movie (even that is rare, I worry too much lol). I bird sit for a few of my neighbors, but I wouldn't trust any of them to care for Ozzy properly.

Deborah
A Too is not a pet, it is a choice for life!

#221730 - 06/07/10 04:37 AM Re: Forum very quiet? [Re: FeatheredAngels]  
MissYumYum Offline
Lives Here
MissYumYum  Offline
Lives Here

Dallas, Texas
You are definitely not alone, Carmen. I try not to leave my U2 unattended for more than 4 hours, and I even fret about that! My family and I do take vacations, but only because I have a safe place to board her when we are away. This does not mean that I don't worry every day we are away, but if I did not agree to take a vacation every year, I think my husband would leave me! Have to keep the peace, and as long as I have a safe place to leave her, or someone to stay with her at our house (would love to find a someone who I can trust for house/bird-sitting), I have to leave town occasionally.

Welcome to MyToos!

Annette

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step - Old Chinese Proverb
#221765 - 06/08/10 12:44 PM Re: Forum very quiet? [Re: MissYumYum]  
Rukesmom Offline
Lives Here
Rukesmom  Offline
Lives Here

Maine
Deborah~ I, Too, am dreaming of a motor home. Like the ones with bunk rooms or toy-haulers. Either could easily be transformed into a bird room!!!
As far as leaving them for a few hours. We both work hard (to provide for the birds) and that keep us away for long hours some days. They have big, safe, toy filled "cages" with several food sources, etc... They have each other and views too. I feel guilty but it is the best we can do. it is reality for us till i win the powerball!!!

Flock is Nina (U2), Tootsie (U2), Baby (LSC), Ruke (TAG),& Birdie (T2),

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny