Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 68 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#251395 - 04/10/13 07:49 PM Re: Very powerful [Re: TiKa's Dad]  
Luvbirds Offline
Luvbirds  Offline

Truly amazing and powerful. So sad that we've done this to these beautiful souls. Breaks my heart. I can't not look at our babies and smile. When you look into a toos eyes it really is like you're looking into their beautiful souls

Nothing is as beautiful as the eyes of a Too

Member of the Flock of "Al"adeen U2
#253457 - 09/26/13 07:03 PM Re: Very powerful [Re: TiKa's Dad]  
kevinmc2013 Offline
kevinmc2013  Offline

Its obvious that those birds were neglected, I have a U2 & a LSC2 & they are treated like a king and queen. We can't stop domestic breeding, but if someone gets one they have to do all the research & make a commitment to the bird and then if they decide they made a mistake then find someone (this board is full of too lovers) that can & will make the commitment to give the bird a great home & life. Education is the key here, these are wonderful birds.

#253465 - 09/26/13 07:36 PM Re: Very powerful [Re: TiKa's Dad]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Plucking and mutilating does happen to some neglected birds but also to some that are not. It happens because these birds are not meant to be in captivity. No matter what we offer and supply our birds it's not a normal life and never will be. Frustration from hormones is one prime example. The bird bonds to a human so is never able to do what they are hard wired to do. Many of these birds are not aware that they are birds and not human. It's very sad and as your birds get older and mature you will see what I'm talking about. I see it with Cassie who is 9 and very hormonal right now. I'm sure we will see eggs again this fall and winter. We will watch her moods escalate through joy, frustration, hormonal, anger, aggression and I think even depression. This year she even started doing some plucking on her legs during her molt. It seems to be leveling off as her molt is ending. The fact that she doesn't have a mate to help her with the molt I'm sure contributes. All very sad to watch and understand why. Our lives revolve around Cassie's needs, she always comes first. Many of the members here have similar experiences.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny