Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 11 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#182728 - 10/26/08 04:08 AM A Contest.. Wish I knew!! You can Vote on your fav  
Razzle'sMommy Offline
Razzle'sMommy  Offline

I wish I had known about this contest I would have entered Razzle. The contest is caled Birds on Broadway2008 and 3 lucky birds are the finalist, we have seen two of the videos here on this message board too cute! I have left messages with Boozle's mom and she is super sweet her bird sings you are my sunshine, one of the funniest videos I have ever watched!! Snowball is also one of the finalist and I get a kick out of watching that bird dance! And Ty another very very smart bird all very deserving. I have NO affilliation (typo I know) with the site if I had known about this contest ahead of time I would have had posted about it. Hey there is always next year! I hope its ok I ost about this.
here is the link, you must have a you tube account to vote and after you are logged in you just click on the amount of stars you with to rate the video. Boozle's mommy is very sweet and I thought to help her get some word out about the contest in hopes it helps her win, but please you vote for your fav!

Last edited by Charlie; 10/26/08 04:53 AM.

***Treat others how you yourself expect to be treated***
#182735 - 10/26/08 04:50 AM Re: A Contest.. Wish I knew!! You can Vote on your fav [Re: Razzle'sMommy]  
MissYumYum Offline
Lives Here
MissYumYum  Offline
Lives Here

Dallas, Texas
Hi Lori! Welcome back! I've sure missed your posts and am anxious to hear more about how Razzle is doing! Are you still keeping the other U2 for your friend? I hope everything is going well there!

I enjoyed watching these contest videos! So cute!

Annette

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step - Old Chinese Proverb
#182736 - 10/26/08 04:55 AM Re: A Contest.. Wish I knew!! You can Vote on your fav [Re: Razzle'sMommy]  
Charlie Offline
Admin
Charlie  Offline

Admin
Chained to the Computer

Covington, LA USA
I removed that site based on this one piece of information stated about owning a bird:

Quote:
Spending a minimum of 15 minutes twice a day interacting with your bird.

This is the kind of site that causes people to swarm to pet shops, breeders and bird stores wanting a talker, a dancer, etc, etc.

#182738 - 10/26/08 05:22 AM Re: A Contest.. Wish I knew!! You can Vote on your fav [Re: Charlie]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Charlie
I removed that site based on this one piece of information stated about owning a bird:

Quote:
Spending a minimum of 15 minutes twice a day interacting with your bird.

This is the kind of site that causes people to swarm to pet shops, breeders and bird stores wanting a talker, a dancer, etc, etc.

Amen Charlie, AMEN!!!

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#182743 - 10/26/08 05:50 AM Re: A Contest.. Wish I knew!! You can Vote on your fav [Re: Charlie]  
Razzle'sMommy Offline
Razzle'sMommy  Offline

WOW.. LOL..15 min?? Takes me longer than that to feed my birds.. I am sorry Charlie! If I had seen that I would not have posted the site, I should of looked better.
Hi Annette,
thinks have been nuts, My Chihuahua had her babies and we ended up at Vet emergency 4am in the morning, we lost a puppy, I had to save one. Oreo went past due date and had pups in my bed in wee morning and didnt move a peep the entire nite, I woke up to the feeling of wetness on my belly, she sleeps in the crook of my stomach. The first pup was still born, she cleaned and then gave up on the other 2 after losing first puppy out.. vet thinks that cord was wrapped, I wont go into details. I really wanted another chi and we did NOT get Oreo pregnant to make money.. I DO NOT condone breeding in at all.. not anymore. We did this because we wanted another chi and with good tempermant, my dog and best friends both were. If any of you think about putting your dog through this PLEASE read all you can and have vet ready. We took all precautions, did all that was told, had emergecy vet ready, it was just crazy. We do have 2 healthy puppies female I had to save is the little girl we are keeping. We named her Twinkie, all my animals have food or candy names..lol. I will post pics soon.

I am no longer looking after friends bird.... heartbreaking to say the least the entire situation.. she picked her up about 3 weeks ago. One good thing, is the birds behavior and training, but I am not sure she kept it up. She didn't sound to happy about the sleep cage even though her attitude changed 100% when we started her in the sleep cage and feeding properly, screaming came to halt! I pray for her. I am glad to have helped but I just hope she followed our routine. I miss her sooooo Deeply =(

Razzle is just blooming although she did pick up this kind of low growling noise?? from Brook and she will make loud noises but not by any means a scream scream..lol We take her out to stores and the park each week and socialize her, She loves being around peole. She is fully potty trained now and will do on comand even if she dont have to go she will try to push one out.. he he. She is picking new words and rants daily,. The kids in the neighborhood call me LaLa they cannot say Lori or couldnt and now Razzle will call me either she says Mommy, Lala or Lor when wanting my attention.. but if I do not go to her first and coddle her before anyone else or putting groceries away first she gets upset.. all she needs is a kiss and I tell her to give me a few minutes and I will come get her out.
My husband after having Brooklyn in the house has learned to respect Razzle 100% more and truely is bonded to her, he loves her! Dunkin my conure is also doing very well, we take turns who comes to the store or park.. the just love being with the kids. Will post picks from there also.

I have also took on extra hours as we lost an employee at work.. I will keep the hours till after Holidays it looks like which is ok for me =) I LOVE my job!
Thank you for asking, I will try very hard to spend more time here. I really do miss you all!

#182769 - 10/26/08 04:56 PM Razzle'sMommy - Please Read!! [Re: Razzle'sMommy]  
MissYumYum Offline
Lives Here
MissYumYum  Offline
Lives Here

Dallas, Texas
Oops, sorry I didn't catch the very bad advice on that website you posted, Lori! It was late and I was getting sleepy - just thought the videos were cute and didn't look any further! Mea culpa blush...

I just want to caution you not to encourage Razzle to poop on command - you said she tries to force one out even if she doesn't need to. This practice is VERY DANGEROUS to her as it can cause cloacal prolapse - a horrible thing!! I'm sure others will weigh in here, but Razzle is young and you can still stop this before it's too late. You can encourage her to let you know when she needs to go poop and make sure she is in an appropriate place to "let one fly." But, please try to stop her from straining to poop when she doesn't need to!

OK - sorry for the chastising, but I want you to know how dangerous this is!

I'm saddened that all the progress you made with Brooklyn may not continue, but I hope that you can still be in touch with your friend and subtly (or not!) encourage her to keep up the good work that you did with Brooklyn.

So glad that your hubby is even more bonded to Razzle now! Hard not to be with one who is so sweet and personable!

Take care,
Annette

#182774 - 10/26/08 05:22 PM Re: Razzle'sMommy - Please Read!! [Re: MissYumYum]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Annette is spot on w/the potty training!! What you should strive for is her giving you a cue when she needs to go and you immediately respond by taking her to an appropriate place. She should not be encouraged to poop on command. Like Annette said, straining can lead to serious complications. The way I look at potty training birds is that it's the human that requires the training - to recognize when the bird has to go and quickly respond.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

#182777 - 10/26/08 05:51 PM Re: Razzle'sMommy - Please Read!! [Re: EchosMom]  
TiKa's Dad Offline
Lives Here
TiKa's Dad  Offline
Lives Here

Alberta, Canada
Very well put EM. Ditto that.

John
Another 24 hours down. Only a lifetime to go. God speed! ~AngiesArk~ laugh
#182864 - 10/27/08 06:05 AM Re: Razzle'sMommy - Please Read!! [Re: TiKa's Dad]  
nanuk Offline
nanuk  Offline

Pueblo,CO U.S.A.
I agree with everybody on the potty training idea, the only potty trainig we do is recognize the signs and encourage Bebe to go to papers left in all the rooms for that purpose.

Terry
#182897 - 10/27/08 04:11 PM Re: Razzle'sMommy - Please Read!! [Re: nanuk]  
MissYumYum Offline
Lives Here
MissYumYum  Offline
Lives Here

Dallas, Texas
bumping for Razzle'sMommy to see!

#182934 - 10/27/08 11:12 PM Re: Razzle'sMommy - Please Read!! [Re: MissYumYum]  
Razzle'sMommy Offline
Razzle'sMommy  Offline

Oh wow, I hadnt a clue, THANK YOU for letting me know. I do see when she has go, she will get restless on arm and then the feathers will if and she is ready to drop. I will never ask her to do it on cue again!

#182940 - 10/28/08 01:15 AM Re: Razzle'sMommy - Please Read!! [Re: Razzle'sMommy]  
MissYumYum Offline
Lives Here
MissYumYum  Offline
Lives Here

Dallas, Texas
Oh thank goodness, Lori, that you had time to check the Board today! I know how much you love Razzle and how great you take care of her!! If it weren't for all the wonderful people on this board, I would have made even more mistakes than I have. I remembered reading about this from others on this site a while back, so I was desperate to caution you! Give Razzle a kiss for me!!

Annette

#182943 - 10/28/08 01:38 AM Re: Razzle'sMommy - Please Read!! [Re: MissYumYum]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Good deal Lori!!!

#182957 - 10/28/08 02:29 AM Re: Razzle'sMommy - Please Read!! [Re: EchosMom]  
Razzle'sMommy Offline
Razzle'sMommy  Offline

Razzle is on my lap fluffed and was just given a kiss from Miss yum yum. we are trying to teach her to say yum yum, well my daughter is. I will tell Amanda to say Miss yum yum..lol.
Is is funny because Amanda goes into room and sings to her all the time songs like Old Mac Donald and On top of spaghetti, she says come on Razzle "lalala" now when Amanda is in sight she scream LALA...lol it is soo funny! Razzle catches some of each song catch phrases..she screams quack quack very loud! one day she will sing a song, I am confident she will, she picks up alot and pretty fast. But we love her no matter what.=)

#182982 - 10/28/08 04:01 AM Re: Razzle'sMommy - Please Read!! [Re: Razzle'sMommy]  
MissYumYum Offline
Lives Here
MissYumYum  Offline
Lives Here

Dallas, Texas
Awwww, thanks, Lori and Amanda!!

Annette

#182995 - 10/28/08 04:34 AM Re: Razzle'sMommy - Please Read!! [Re: MissYumYum]  
Razzle'sMommy Offline
Razzle'sMommy  Offline

Thank you all again and thank you for bumping!! xoxooxoxoxo

#183002 - 10/28/08 04:48 AM Re: Razzle'sMommy - Please Read!! [Re: Razzle'sMommy]  
MissYumYum Offline
Lives Here
MissYumYum  Offline
Lives Here

Dallas, Texas
You are more than welcome, Lori!

#223807 - 07/28/10 05:18 PM Re: Razzle'sMommy - Please Read!! [Re: Razzle'sMommy]  
deal_computer Offline
deal_computer  Offline

hi lori i got on to this site today, razzle and coco starting kissing this morning with toungs!!!, coco was preening razzle and pulled a loose feather from her wing do not worry it was loose he healed on to it a long time and continued to preen it!! lots of fun

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny