Who's Online
2 registered (Charlie, RB2sMom), 20 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#179385 - 09/25/08 08:47 AM 'Toos say the darndest things!
Nomokis Offline

Loc: Ohio
Hey everyone! I just thought it’d be fun to have a place we could all post the funny things we’ve heard our parrots (or friend’s parrots) say!

Bella is still too young to talk too much, but I do have a funny story about a friend’s parrot. Every time he sees a smiley face, he sings the “Rolling Back Prices” theme song for Wal-Mart! Some times he’ll sing the whole song! smile It’s adorable.

Ok! Your turn!

#179392 - 09/25/08 09:20 AM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: Nomokis]
FeatheredAngels Offline
Lives Here

Very Cute Idea grin

Our Ozzy is the chatter for sure! There is no conversation we have that he doesnt want to be part of lol. We dont always understand him, however we make sure to acknowledge his contribution since he puts in such great effort and emotion when speaking hehehe.

A few of his sayings that we do understand:

Hello Baby ( in the mornings when we uncover him and at night after he is in his sleep cage )

Hello ( repeatedly to anyone who enters his line of site, until they say hello back)

I love you (usually a plea when he is in his cage wanting out)

Eagle ( this is says very loudly and clear while doing his eagle impersonation, one of his tricks we have taught him )

He talks constantly however, I think the funniest thing he says is "I did it!" this is after he has completed a trick or broke open one of his new toys lol

Ozzy is still young, so we have no idea how many more things he will learn, but we are very careful to make sure there are NO bad words ever said in front of him LOL

#179405 - 09/25/08 10:11 AM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: FeatheredAngels]
Nomokis Offline

Loc: Ohio
Aw, so cute! The cutest thing Bella has said so far was after I gave her baby food one night. After it's gone, I always tell her "All gone!" and show her the empty bowl. Well one night I forgot to show her the bowl and she wanted proof. She looked at me in her concerned way, tilting her head to the side. "All gone?" she asked in a very clear voice. I'd never heard her say anything so clear before! Another time I was calling for my husband. His name is Brandon. I called him three times and then Bella chipped in to help me. "BANON! BANON!" she yelled. smile I just giggled. She is adorable.

Edited by Nomokis (09/25/08 10:12 AM)

#179406 - 09/25/08 10:13 AM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: FeatheredAngels]
Elliott Offline
Lives Here

Loc: Tennessee
When the Rabbi came to the house to prepare my Mother's funeral,
i had to have Kyu with me or she wouldn't stop hollering. Well, after a bit the Rabbi said he needed to leave for another appt. After saying this several time, Kyu finally had enough and in her moast clear voice and very loud she says "SHUT UP". With that the Rabbi laughed and said good bye. Funniest thing he mentioned it at the funeral.

#179410 - 09/25/08 10:34 AM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: Elliott]
FeatheredAngels Offline
Lives Here

LOL I love hearing them talk, Ozzy has a kazoo voice for sure but he is able to say things very clear at times lol. This is why we are very careful about what we say in front on him always lol.

#179443 - 09/25/08 06:45 PM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: FeatheredAngels]
MissYumYum Offline
Lives Here

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I think the funniest thing I've ever heard come out of Isabella's beak is an exclamation that she has heard me use what seems like thousands of times during the course of a school year - when I have car keys in hand at 7:00 AM and stand yelling down the hall for my son to come "right now!" Isabella, though, has a tendency to yell "right now" at inappropriate times blush! She also says "night, night" with a rather strong Texas accent - I didn't think I had a Texas accent at all, but I must if my cockatoo has one, LOL!

Annette

#179450 - 09/25/08 08:32 PM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: MissYumYum]
m0m24 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
My sun is only 16 weeks old so he doesn't really talk yet, but he is already trying. At bedtime between screams (his favorite time of day to scream is at bedtime) he will try to imitate me saying "night, night". He has the inflection perfect but it sounds nothing like the word. LOL. He will say it about 16 times but then so do I. When my husband yells for me in the house he calls me "wife" so I am just waiting to see if Mango decides that that is what he should call me. He is also learning video games sounds. He likes to compete with the game by being louder. With 3 sons I figure bodily function noises can't be far behind. smile

#179452 - 09/25/08 09:04 PM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: m0m24]
Jackielu Offline

Loc: Tulsa Oklahoma
In the mornings I "accidently" leave the door to Paco's food and water open and he "sneaks" out and struts over to me (like he's out smarted me).

One morning I forgot to leave the doors open. While I was preparing his food he Yelled "GET ME OUT OF HERE!!"

I appologized to him and opened the water door so he could sneak out.

#179479 - 09/25/08 11:27 PM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: Jackielu]
Winter's mom Offline
Lives Here

Earlier in the year, here in Michigan.. we had a small earthquake tremor. The experts said that the only way anyone would know that was if you had a pet. They would know. It was in the middle of the night and my Greys startled right off their perches and did some flailing around. I went in to check things out and Winter peeked out from his cage and said "What's wrong?.. Whatsa matta?"...Lol.

#179483 - 09/26/08 12:32 AM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: Winter's mom]
sandiego Offline
Lives Here

Loc: San Diego, CA
Kahlua can't talk. I THINK he says HELLO, I say it to him enough. The L's aren't clear. Whenever I eat with him, I go MmMmm! So when he's in his cage before bed eating he looks at his pellets and goes MMMmmMMM!?? and it echos in the steel cup. Makes me laugh. I say HI BIRD to him everyday when I am home from work, wonder if he'll ever say that. And "COME HERE" I say a ton. Wonder if he'll ever say it, it will probably be the day he says EVERYTHING.

#179498 - 09/26/08 09:32 AM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: sandiego]
MagnusG2 Offline

Loc: Denmark
Magnus' voice is getting better and more clear whenever he talks. He 'll say:

(And I'm translating it from danish LOL)

Hello!
Godniiight!
Hi Magnus!
Hi - hiiiii!

The other day he made his first selfmade sentence. He said "goodnight Magnus!"

Two nights ago right before bedtime he amazed me. He was talking/screaming, being a showoff and having real fun, so I pushed bedtime for about half an hour. His sleeping cage is in the study, and the door was closed. Then suddenly he flew to the door, hovering infront of it, while saying "goodniiiight!" I looked stunned at him, but other than that I didn't respond to it. Then 2 mins later, he did it again! Flying to the door while saying "goodniiiight!" I was stunned! The poor little thing was tired and wanted to go to bed! LOL I preped his cage and put him in there and I hadn't closed the door yet before he started his beak grinding. smile

#179516 - 09/26/08 01:11 PM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: MagnusG2]
Chewy Offline
Lives Here

Loc: Washington
Chewy's saying Hey Mom now.......because Icall my mom everynight.
Chewy Chewy Chewy
Take Chewy,
Want Chewy
plus more, it would take me all dayjust to write them all down.

Edited by Chewy (09/26/08 01:12 PM)
Zeus-zebra finch
RIP
Eli
little foot Cockatiels

#179548 - 09/26/08 05:32 PM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: Chewy]
EchosMom Offline

Chained to the Computer

Loc: Florida, USA
I think the funniest thing I have heard came out of my U2 Alex. Not too long ago I spilt my soda while I was walking into the familyroom and before I could say a word he said "Ahhhhhhhhh $hit!!!" I have no clue where he heard that before. blush

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Project Perry, Inc., The Central Virginia Parrot Sanctuary
Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress

#179557 - 09/26/08 07:32 PM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: EchosMom]
MissYumYum Offline
Lives Here

Loc: Dallas, Texas
laugh laugh laugh!!

#179558 - 09/26/08 07:40 PM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: MissYumYum]
spinnyspoo Offline
Lives Here

Loc: Western Canada
Quote:
I have no clue where he heard that before.

LOL.... tell it to the judge lady!

#179560 - 09/26/08 07:46 PM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: spinnyspoo]
Janny Offline

Chained to the Computer

Loc: Canada
HAHAHA EM that is so funny

I think the funniest that my cockatoos has said was when Dr.Parker was holding him and he stuck his head in her smock and then into her shirt put his beak right in her clevage and said "Heeeelllllooooooo" I almost died.LMOA!

I don't even want to get started on the CAG's because one of them has potty beak really bad from his previous home. blush

Sometimes damaged goods are the best gifts the world has to offer

#179561 - 09/26/08 08:21 PM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: Janny]
spinnyspoo Offline
Lives Here

I think one of the cutest was when I took Bill into the vet and the waiting room only had one other person in it who spent their time talking to Bill. We went into the examination room and when he was finished, we went back out. A different person was sitting there.

Bill leaned over to me and whispered "whos that bill?"

#179563 - 09/26/08 08:27 PM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: spinnyspoo]
Janny Offline

Chained to the Computer

Loc: Canada
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes damaged goods are the best gifts the world has to offer

#179571 - 09/27/08 12:18 AM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: Janny]
spinnyspoo Offline
Lives Here

Quote:
he stuck his head in her smock and then into her shirt put his beak right in her cleavage and said "Heeeelllllooooooo

LMAO! She must have busted a gut! I would have spit out my coffee for sure.

#179580 - 09/27/08 04:42 AM Re: 'Toos say the darndest things! [Re: spinnyspoo]
MagnusG2 Offline

Loc: Denmark
This is just really fun reading!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

Hillarious!! laugh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny