Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 18 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#167205 - 06/17/08 09:13 PM Stepping Down From Mytoos  
Jerry Offline
Founder
Jerry  Offline
Founder
Lives Here

Ohio Valley
It is with some sadness that I have decided to step down from Mytoos. It's been 11 years of frustration AND satisfaction, from founding Mytoos as a personal webspace to taking it Dot-Com and finally watching it climb to number 1 in the world. Like a baby, I watched Mytoos grow into what it is today, and it's time to let others take over the heavy-lifting, as they have anyway for a while now.

I have full confidence that Mytoos is in the best of hands, and will continue the journey of educating people and saving cockatoos. I know that no punches will be pulled just to "play nice". Mytoos will continue to tell you the truth even if you may not want to hear it. Mytoos will continue to be Ad-free, because we don't believe that you can be objective if you're taking money from a sponsor. If Mytoos changes any at all, I'm sure it will be for the better.

I have fought, and cried over the plight of these birds and the people I had to battle along the way. I have spent many sleepless nights worrying about individual birds, and in many cases the sorry owners of these parrots. I finally couldnt take anymore and had to step back. I had said everything there was to say, and decided that others who were interested could carry-on where I left off. Now it's time to let "my child" go, and start relaxing more.

I will always be in the background, like a grandfather who's advice may be needed now and then. But Mytoos will be "under new management" from here on out. The official announcement will come later as to the particulars, but for now I wish everyone the best of luck with their birds, and hope you will spread the word of Mytoos ... and what we continue to stand for.

Take care. smile

Jerry

#167208 - 06/17/08 09:46 PM Stepping Down From Mytoos  
Brandy's mom Offline
Lives Here
Brandy's mom  Offline
Lives Here

W. Tennessee
Please permit me to say, "Thank You!" If I had not found MYTOOS I don't know how my Brandy and I would have fared. Your brainchild has helped us more than I can say. The whole family of MYTOOS members are closer to me then most of my blood family. I could ramble on but I will wish you a period of refreshment that you are so deserving of. Take care.

Man has turned Earth into a hell for animals.
Arthur Schopenhauer
#167210 - 06/17/08 10:01 PM Re: Stepping Down From Mytoos [Re: Brandy's mom]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Take care Jerry and thanks for everything!!! We'll miss you!!!

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#167211 - 06/17/08 10:11 PM Re: Stepping Down From Mytoos [Re: EchosMom]  
spinnyspoo Offline
Lives Here
spinnyspoo  Offline
Lives Here

Western Canada
Take care Jerry! Thank you so much for the blood sweat and tears you've put into this place. You have changed the life of my bird, and on to changing others. This legacy will continue if I have anything to say about it.

Wanna Bill? Wanna Bill?
-No Bill, I'm busy-
Dontcha wanna Bill? Dontcha wanna good boy?
#167212 - 06/17/08 10:21 PM Re: Stepping Down From Mytoos [Re: spinnyspoo]  
Ladyhutch Offline
Lives Here
Ladyhutch  Offline
Lives Here

Oregon
Thank you Jerry. I know for a fact that Charley & Sydnee would not be the happy & healthy birds they are today if not for this site and the wonderful people who lead the rest of us in our journey with these magnificent creatures we chose to live with. I cannot even fathom what would have happened if I had not stumbled on Mytoos. It is too sad to think about because I think I may have given up on my wonderful Moluccans.
Sharon

You have two choices: accept things the way they are, or have courage to change them. J Kanani

#167214 - 06/17/08 10:57 PM Stepping Down From Mytoos [Re: Ladyhutch]  
Elliott Offline
Lives Here
Elliott  Offline
Lives Here

Tennessee
Thank you Jerry. Ditto to everything said so far and to come.

#167244 - 06/18/08 04:24 AM Re: Stepping Down From Mytoos [Re: Elliott]  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
Wow! Jerry you will be missed.Thanks for sharing this wonderful forum and helping out so many along the years. I am sure it must be hard to let go...We will be here when you feel like popping by.

Jan

Sometimes damaged goods are the best gifts the world has to offer
#167265 - 06/18/08 06:31 AM Re: Stepping Down From Mytoos [Re: Janny]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Jerry it's not going to be the same without you. Over the past three and a half years since joining Mytoos, I've learned so much thanks to you and the members here. And like Jan said we'll be here and always look forward to your words of wisdom.
Thank you for Mytoos and your support. Nancy

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#167272 - 06/18/08 11:49 AM Re: Stepping Down From Mytoos [Re: BE2Cassie]  
alaska_toos Offline
Moderator Emeritus
alaska_toos  Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Lives Here

Alaska
I would like to be among the many who wish you well with your future endevors the future. You will be truly missed!

Good Luck and God's Speed.

The woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best.
Henry Van Dyke
#167495 - 06/20/08 05:53 PM Re: Stepping Down From Mytoos [Re: alaska_toos]  
Liisa B Offline
Lives Here
Liisa B  Offline
Lives Here

Canada
Wow! Been away for a few days & BAM!
All the very best to you Jerry!
You really will be missed.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny