Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 92 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#166230 - 06/03/08 01:08 PM Sicily wont step up, but loves to be pet  
sam'smom Offline
sam'smom  Offline

Oahu,Hawaii
Aloha everyone! It's been quite a long time since I have been here on your web site. I basically became very discouraged when a question regarding my moluccan female went unanswered and unreplied to. I kept hoping one of you old experts out there would help me and Sicily out! She is my newest member to our family, being just over a year old. She loves loves loves for me to pet her and will follow me by way of cage or perch to be pet. She will not step up! Not for a nut or for any of her treats. I am worried that if she needs to get away in a safe way she wont come to me for assistance. Anyone out there with any suggestions?
Her first mommy said she was hand trained and loved to climb up her arm!!! Not! Dont know what to do, help!!!!

#166231 - 06/03/08 01:40 PM Re: Sicily wont step up, but loves to be pet [Re: sam'smom]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
sam'smom I read your original post concerning stepping up. Have you tried the suggestions that were given and how did they work? If you can give us additional information I'm sure that some of the "old experts" can help you. Information is a two way street. What are you doing to try to get her to step up, what is your presentation to her, hand or arm, have you tried putting your hand against her abdomin, does she prefer to step up from the rear, and have you found a treat that she really enjoys? Some folks have found that unshelled pine nuts, sunflower seeds, grapes, bananas and assorted other goodies work well if only used for treats when training. Nancy

Nancy & Cassie BE2

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny