Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 11 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16425 - 08/27/05 09:47 AM New name  
twister Offline
twister  Offline

Eastern Oregon
I am renaming Soleil, my Citron "Otis" after the character on Andy of Mayberry (Does anyone besides me remember this show?) Otis, the town druck, would come into the jail and lock himself up to sleep it off. When I tell Soleil, to get into his bunk,, he pulls the door shut after him. It is really cute, and of course I praise him...

#16426 - 08/27/05 10:12 AM Re: New name  
flowerchild Offline
Lives Here
flowerchild  Offline
Lives Here

New England
obviously i'm not the only insomniac here. that is cute, it reminds me of an incident with my too. i sometimes do dog training and sitting, and when my sister brought home an 18 mo old hyper lab rescue, i brought him here to sit and try to teach him some manners. i didn't realize he was obsessed with birds, and as soon as he saw joey he charged the cage and barked. this freaked her out completely. of course i got the dog under control and kept him away from the cage. later that night after the dog had been gone for hours, she decided it was safe to come out, my son "barked" at her and she immediately ran into her cage and shut the door behind her. it was mean, but it was kinda funny. needless to say gus is no longer welcome here. joey will resume plucking if she hears a dog barking now. it has made my search for a dog a very difficult one. she is fine with my best friend's dog, who is the best behaved dog on earth and seldom barks, but what are the odds of finding another one of those? i should add that she was raised with dogs and never had any problem with them until that incident.

#16427 - 08/28/05 02:12 PM Re: New name  
twister Offline
twister  Offline

Eastern Oregon
(I actually work graveyard...thus the night posts) "Otis" is very fond of my cats and startles them by saying Hi when they walk by to check him out. I have a double barrier around his cage to prevent contact. He is really getting a sense of humor about his cage...definately his space...The door thing is just silly, I think he is using it as a toy or for attention because I laugh at him when he does it. Very convenient, though for bedtime, etc.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny