Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 41 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#137043 - 10/04/07 05:41 AM I got a bite tonight!!!!  
Chewy Offline
Lives Here
Chewy  Offline
Lives Here

Washington
I was about to get in the shower, and I had chewy with me , and he spooked. He was jumping around, and I was tryhing to catch him. Well he decided that he wanted me and Tried to fly onto me and he caught my hand with his beak and my arm with his foot. I now have a swollen place on my hand it bled for a few min even. I was upset with my self. I should have jut let him land on the floor. But I was scaredt hat he 'd break a blood feather. And he didn't mean to bite me so I'm not upset with him. Just with me.

look to your birds for love
Chewy RB2
Lightning-parakeet
Zeus-zebra finch
RIP
Eli
little foot Cockatiels
#137045 - 10/04/07 05:56 AM Re: I got a bite tonight!!!! [Re: Chewy]  
belle-ville Offline
Lives Here
belle-ville  Offline
Lives Here

Miami, FL
Why are you upset with yourself? It happens to the best, and at least Chewy's not hurt and hopefully your hand will be better by the morning. smile

Plus, its a better habit, i think, to try to catch your bird to prevent him from falling on the floor than to try to catch his poop to prevent it from falling on the floor XD

-Amanda
Les premiers combats ont commencées,
La vengeance vient sûrement.

Résistons, amis! Créons!
#137051 - 10/04/07 07:19 AM Re: I got a bite tonight!!!! [Re: belle-ville]  
Chewy Offline
Lives Here
Chewy  Offline
Lives Here

Washington
good point. And I am glad that I didn't let him land on the floor....I think he would have gotten hurt and I wouldn't have been able to sleep very well if he got hurt because of something I did.
The reason why I was upset with myself is because I know better then to make sudden movements and that's exactly what I did was make a sudden move. But Chewy's fine and I have forgiven myself for the mistake.......

look to your birds for love
Chewy RB2
Lightning-parakeet
Zeus-zebra finch
RIP
Eli
little foot Cockatiels

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny