Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 52 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#136221 - 09/29/07 12:40 PM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: gn18]  
spinnyspoo Offline
Lives Here
spinnyspoo  Offline
Lives Here

Western Canada
yours ain't too shabby yourself gn18.

Wanna Bill? Wanna Bill?
-No Bill, I'm busy-
Dontcha wanna Bill? Dontcha wanna good boy?
#136237 - 09/29/07 05:44 PM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: spinnyspoo]  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
I haven't been as long as some of the members but this is how I see it and can explain what goes on...

I know I have offered advice on a few posts and said okay this is what I see and your all nicey nicey (trying to be anyway) and the person refuses to listen to what you are telling them.You list what problems can come of what they are doing and long term affects...what ever else.It's a long post.Just to have that person totally disreguard the whole post and say...Well there is no problem yet.

Now if you look at how many posts come in a day to the group and imagine answering all of them like that and getting the same response back....I think sometimes a person can just be blunt and straight to the point because of fatigue of typing. smile

We aren't here to stroke the owners ego...we are here to help the birds.I know myself,I won't tell someone yes you go ahead and (just using this for an example) pity purchase that bird in the classifieds because it will make you feel better...who cares if that person will replace it with another one really as long as it makes you feel better.

I also find sometimes a persons ego is so huge that when you do get right to the point and lay it all out that may be what it takes to make them stop and think.

Jan

Sometimes damaged goods are the best gifts the world has to offer
#136266 - 09/29/07 08:18 PM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: gn18]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
mom2beebop
Unregistered

Thank you so much for saying that. No one has EVER said anything like that to me. To be totally honest here...I have no idea what would make you say that about me, Im probabley the most uneducated person on this board and I have a serious complex about writing and everyone here thinking Im stupid!
Thank you. You totally made my day. LOL

Angel

Originally Posted By: gn18

Ok, a lighthearted moment,I so wish I can learn M2bb's writing skills. I'm impressed with her.

#136272 - 09/29/07 08:36 PM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: ]  
Crossfire Offline
Lives Here
Crossfire  Offline
Lives Here

Indiana
Sorry, going to go a bit off topic here myself and say about the same....

There are several on the forum here that I seek out ie...look for their posts to see what they've said and Mom2beebop your one of them. It takes a very special person not only to be owned by a bird but one who can actually say not only whats on their mind but in their heart with not only ease but in a way thats easily understood. Type is so difficult to voice one's true feelings without having that all too familiar voice inflection but you always come through and seem to be able to look at things from all sides.

On the subject of saying things on the forum in a nice way to the newbies that come along. Well, I don't think you'll ever find a happy medium on any forum but as long as there remains a basic respect towards others then in my opinion it's all good.

This is a board with a very specific purpose, not a general forum although it does have a few other areas to post in and if people are unable to see that after reading through the agenda and posts here then whos fault is it really? jmo

I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.

~ Sonja & Katie U2 ~
#136283 - 09/29/07 09:22 PM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: Crossfire]  
Diane048 Offline
Diane048  Offline

Auburn, WA
There are so many people on here that I respect.Yes Angel is one of them, Charlie, Janny and GN18 and many more that I can't remember at the moment. At first I had my doubts about all of them but not any more. They have opened my eyes with firmness and kindness and most important FACTS. Thanks to all.

#136284 - 09/29/07 09:30 PM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: Crossfire]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
mom2beebop
Unregistered

I really dont know what to say. LOL I never in a million years would of guessed that the people "I" look up to actually go look to see what I have said except to make sure Im not messing up or giving bad advice!! Im completley floored right now. THANK YOU.

When everyone here rallies togather and starts sending off letters and making important phone calls and emails....I sit here and do NOTHING other than wish I could be like you guys. I wish someone would write an important letter for me so I could be involved. I wish I was smart enough to write one of those incredible letters so I could help make a difference but still I do nothing. Im convinced if I send out one of those letters, no one will listen because Im a bad speller or I dont know where the coma goes. So what Im wondering now is, should I be writing those important letters to?

I appologize for dragging this out....I just had no clue any one actually listened to me. {Im not looking for attention here. LOL}

Thank you,
Angel

Originally Posted By: Crossfire
Sorry, going to go a bit off topic here myself and say about the same....

There are several on the forum here that I seek out ie...look for their posts to see what they've said and Mom2beebop your one of them. It takes a very special person not only to be owned by a bird but one who can actually say not only whats on their mind but in their heart with not only ease but in a way thats easily understood. Type is so difficult to voice one's true feelings without having that all too familiar voice inflection but you always come through and seem to be able to look at things from all sides.

#136305 - 09/30/07 12:26 AM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: ]  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
Angel IMO every letter counts.Every email counts too.Who cares about spelling.I sure didn't win no spelling bee.lol.All it takes is words from the heart.

Jan

Sometimes damaged goods are the best gifts the world has to offer
#136324 - 09/30/07 04:07 AM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: Janny]  
liviray Offline
Lives Here
liviray  Offline
Lives Here

Wi
Im the bad spelling QUEEN, but I do like to think that I use simple direct language that one can understand.

Dont ever feel like spelling counts, I know people with PHD's that make some of you look 20 times better. *smile*

Jerry sent me this download years ago, and becouse Im still in the dark ages on my computer I cant download it, but some of you may be able too....( cripes, cant find it now....Jerry? )

#136358 - 09/30/07 12:07 PM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: liviray]  
gn18 Offline
Lives Here
gn18  Offline
Lives Here

Thanks Spinnyspoo and Diane. Spinnyspoo--you have a good understanding of stuff too. smile

M2bb,
You deserve the praise. smile
--Your posts clearly reflect your compassion, passion and honesty--somehow direct and powerfu--straight from the heart as Janny so aptly put it
--You are also able to see from different views and understand things when they are explained/mentioned.

The above qualities make for very powerful posts, letters etc. Spelling is secondary and when you have the above qualities, nobody is going to focus much on spelling.

Lastly, you seem to have a forgiving heart. I've seen how you are upset at a person's post/attitude but still continue to help that person the very next minute. That makes you special. Don't ever lose this quality. Its a gift. smile

Last edited by gn18; 09/30/07 12:11 PM.
#136359 - 09/30/07 12:13 PM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: gn18]  
spinnyspoo Offline
Lives Here
spinnyspoo  Offline
Lives Here

Western Canada
mom2bb - don't assume anything about education. I may be a decent speller, but I didn't graduate grade 8. NEVER confuse education with intelligence OR confuse wordiness with ability.

There are some amazing people on this board that I have learned SO VERY MUCH from over the last three months. You are one of them.

Wanna Bill? Wanna Bill?
-No Bill, I'm busy-
#136360 - 09/30/07 12:19 PM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: spinnyspoo]  
gn18 Offline
Lives Here
gn18  Offline
Lives Here

Originally Posted By: spinnyspoo
mom2bb - NEVER confuse education with intelligence OR confuse wordiness with ability.

There are some amazing people on this board that I have learned SO VERY MUCH from over the last three months. You are one of them.

Ditto.

Last edited by gn18; 09/30/07 12:20 PM.
#136362 - 09/30/07 02:05 PM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: gn18]  
spinnyspoo Offline
Lives Here
spinnyspoo  Offline
Lives Here

Western Canada
group hug!!! wink

Wanna Bill? Wanna Bill?
-No Bill, I'm busy-
#136368 - 09/30/07 05:33 PM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: liviray]  
Mona Offline
Lives Here
Mona  Offline
Lives Here

Originally Posted By: liviray

Jerry sent me this download years ago, and becouse Im still in the dark ages on my computer I cant download it, but some of you may be able too....( cripes, cant find it now....Jerry? )

I'm not Jerry... wink but this is the one you are referring to, been using it for years. Once it's installed, all you have to do is highlight the text you want to check and right click. This one only works with Internet Explorer.

http://www.iespell.com/

Last edited by Mona; 09/30/07 05:36 PM.
#136428 - 09/30/07 11:25 PM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: Mona]  
liviray Offline
Lives Here
liviray  Offline
Lives Here

Wi
OHHHH - You may as well be Jerry, your just as brilliant ....*smile* ( Did I spell that right? lol )

#136440 - 10/01/07 01:59 AM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: gn18]  
LynziMarie Offline
LynziMarie  Offline

Utah! USA
I posted something along these lines a little while ago....

Personally, I see being blunt and honest different than being harsh and rude....
I have been welcomed here very nicely and with open arms....I really am thankful for that!
I do hear myself saying, "owch....that was harsh"
I can see the benefits of being like that though, it does make people sit up and pay attention.

But it can have adverse affects too...

Like, don't start snapping and getting angry until someone just refuses to listen.
THEN you can rip their heads off! lol

**Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul...** -Emily Dickinson

#136443 - 10/01/07 02:04 AM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: LynziMarie]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
mom2beebop
Unregistered

If I remember right...the ripping ones head off approach hasnt happend for a long time. LOL {that was to funny!!}

#136446 - 10/01/07 02:17 AM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: ]  
LynziMarie Offline
LynziMarie  Offline

Utah! USA
good good.....I'm sure as time goes one everyone is much calmer with the process...maybe just a slight tear at the neck now and then? lol

I'm way new to this site....so I've only seen a few posts.

**Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul...** -Emily Dickinson

#136456 - 10/01/07 02:38 AM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: LynziMarie]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
mom2beebop
Unregistered

I first started comming to this site I think maybe 3 years ago...possibley a little less. Anyways...the difference from then to now is unreal! Everyone now is a lot more easy going.

Something I have noticed though...you will gets spurts here on the board where a bunch of people join just to start trouble and its frustrating! You can only poke a stick at someone for so long before they finally bite back. LOL

Welcome to the group.

Originally Posted By: LynziMarie
good good.....I'm sure as time goes one everyone is much calmer with the process...maybe just a slight tear at the neck now and then? lol

I'm way new to this site....so I've only seen a few posts.

#136461 - 10/01/07 02:58 AM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: ]  
belle-ville Offline
Lives Here
belle-ville  Offline
Lives Here

Miami, FL
I wanted to say that I agree with Chewy, I'm pretty new and when I got here I had just bought my Leo from a breeder, with an e.coli infection, amidst many other problems. I thought I was going to get TORN INTO but I didn't. And I truly, TRULY appreciate it. I was scared to post. I also do not agree with EVERYTHING that is said, but that's completely natural and I respect others' opinions and I agree with the vast majority of what is said. I think what the board veterans do is right. In my opinion you guys get the feel for a person, whether or not they are earnest and openminded. If they are, you are kind, if not, you are harsh in an attempt to make them open their eyes. Sometimes, I have read posts where it feels like people overreact, but always other people post to amend what has been said. I'm a very sensitive person too, but I think that the board works well, because everyone that posts regularly really does have the best intentions at heart (i.e. helping the bird.)

Every time I have a question, I feel ridiculous asking because it should almost be common sense, but I feel like a new momma scared of making any mistakes with my "baby". And every time I ask a question, I get an answer, usually a very kindly worded and very helpful one. I feel affection for the board, whether it feels affection back, because it is enabling me to do what is right for my bird.

I think if anything needs to be added to the agenda it should be:

Please keep in mind that as we are a "no-fluff" board, we are not going to say what is in YOUR best interests unless it also happens to coincide with the BIRD's best interests. As you read posts, know that although what is said may be harsh, it IS what is going to be the best for your birds.

-Amanda
Les premiers combats ont commencées,
La vengeance vient sûrement.

Résistons, amis! Créons!
#136488 - 10/01/07 04:34 AM Re: Posting oppinions & comments NICELY!!!! [Re: belle-ville]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
mom2beebop
Unregistered

Belle-Ville, what you learn here sure is a heck of a lot better than those books titled "Everything you need to know about your pet cockatoo" What a joke those books are huh?

I think the "vetrans" on the board are real good at seeing exactally how things are going to turn out just as it starts and they have a real good feel after all this time for new members. I dont know if its because they have seen the same o same o so many times or what but they just know!! And I see them still day after day try to make a difference. There are some very very good people on this board.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny