Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 38 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#135725 - 09/26/07 05:22 PM I've got a new foster coming! (I'm New!)  
LynziMarie Offline
LynziMarie  Offline

Utah! USA
Hi everyone!
I just found this site....and it made me kinda nervous!!!
I'm a homeschooled, 17 yrs old, and only gone a max. of 2 days a week for about 4 hours, so I've got plenty of time to offer a 'Too.

I am very big into rescue, and love every step of the process of working with all of my birds. I currently have 8 birds in my care.

Oskar-Congo African Grey-7 yrs (rescue)
Pepe-Red Lored Amazon-10 yrs (foster)
Kiwi-Soloman Island Eclectus-15 yrs (foster)
Sonnie-Sun Conure-3 yrs (rescue)
Aiden-White Capped Pionus (the only baby I've ever purchased from a breeder)
Qwill-Normal Grey Cockatiel-2 yrs
Mack-Lutino 'Tiel-2 yrs
Mischa-Cinnamon Pearl 'Tiel-8 mos

The reason I joined this forum is because...I'm picking up either a Mollucan (possibly an Umbrella) 'Too as a foster.
I've always been very attracted to 'Toos and wanted one, so I've done loads of research, but in my experience I know that you can do as much reading as you want, but the only way you'll learn is to experience it and to talk with people that have also. I'd like as much advice as I can....
It's my understanding that he's not terribly old, probably about 4-5 yrs. So, I don't think he's gone through his maturing stage quite yet....It's also my understanding that he doesn't have any real "issues" as many rescues can have, and most of mine do. So any advice, any warnings, anything is appreciated!!!!!

**Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul...** -Emily Dickinson

#135727 - 09/26/07 05:31 PM Re: I've got a new foster coming! (I'm New!) [Re: LynziMarie]  
mandymmr Offline
Lives Here
mandymmr  Offline
Lives Here

INDIANA
Where are you from? Welcome to the forum.

Humans are the only animals that are mean on purpose
#135730 - 09/26/07 05:56 PM Re: I've got a new foster coming! (I'm New!) [Re: mandymmr]  
LynziMarie Offline
LynziMarie  Offline

Utah! USA
Thanks!!!
after all that rambling I did I can't believe I left that out!!!
haha

I'm in Northern Utah

#135743 - 09/26/07 06:33 PM Re: I've got a new foster coming! (I'm New!) [Re: LynziMarie]  
Bokka-pooh Offline
Lives Here
Bokka-pooh  Offline
Lives Here

WA, USA
Hi!

Im also 17y.o(turn 18 in January) I see we have a lot of likes! LOL

I have an Umbie, who is turning 13 this November 25th (I have had him since his last Birthday in November 25th 2006) He was a rescue. Although he caused me no cash at the beginning, his vet bills have been over $600. He is my BEST firnd. Seriosuly! And dont laugh at that! lol. I love him so much. He was such a rough lil one when I got him (You know the basics with a abused cockatoo; lunging, screaming, biting)

I also have a Red Lored Amazon. I have to say I LOVE her to pieces! She is such a great birdA! She is 18y.o (Older than me by half a year! LOL) And she was also a rescue from people who had her ince she was pulled form the wild 18 years ago. They coudlnt take care of her, and despite the size of her cage (which was actually good size) they kp her in filth and outside.

I also have 2 budgies, 2 zebra finches, 2 society finches, 2 canaries, 1 starling (rescued and handraised back in 8th grade)

My mom has 2 quakers, Both Rescues. And I gave her a Rosella Parakeet that was given to me by my friend, and so sh has a E Rosella.

I cant say I am adding any bird right now though. But WELCOME to the BEST cockatoo site out there!!! I enjoy being here and love reading all the loads of wealth and ifno comming from experienced cockatoo slaves LOL!!

Mercedez and Bokka

p.s: I noticed you put "foster" by a few of your birds, are you planning on adopting them? smile

Last edited by Bokka-pooh; 09/26/07 06:35 PM.
#135744 - 09/26/07 06:43 PM Re: I've got a new foster coming! (I'm New!) [Re: Bokka-pooh]  
Chewy Offline
Lives Here
Chewy  Offline
Lives Here

Washington
Welcome!!!!!! I also was homeschooled. but my parents would never have let me foster birds. Maybe if they did I wouldn't have gotten chewy, or at least have alot more information to go on before getting him.
I am thinking of fostering a few cockatiels when I move out of my current situation, which is a group home. I will probably start out with one, in case I fall deeply in love with it, like I normally do.

look to your birds for love
Chewy RB2
Lightning-parakeet
Zeus-zebra finch
RIP
Eli
little foot Cockatiels
#135757 - 09/26/07 07:17 PM Re: I've got a new foster coming! (I'm New!) [Re: Bokka-pooh]  
LynziMarie Offline
LynziMarie  Offline

Utah! USA
Originally Posted By: Bokka-pooh

p.s: I noticed you put "foster" by a few of your birds, are you planning on adopting them? smile

You know....I'd really like to adopt them, but if we can find them they're very own forever home I think it would be ideal...as much as they are my best friends, and as much as I love them I'd just as much love to have them go to a new home when they're ready.
Also, so I can continue fostering and getting birds out of homes they need to be rescued from.

One we currently have may end up being permanent, She has been severly abused in the past, and is making such amazing progress with me I'd not want to disrupt that....at least for a while.

We'll see....at this point, I'd keep them in a heartbeat if I thought it was right.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny