Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 44 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131503 - 08/24/05 10:31 AM New look is much better!  
nai Offline
nai  Offline

england
Jerry congrats on the new look of the main web pages! They are much less likely (IMO) to 'turn people off' the site, I know a few people thought that the old page was about animal rights activists, a 'shock page' against testing on animals, sometimes the real message didnt get through (as we on the forum have found many times with newbies glibbly talking of buying from a store)etc. The new layout gets the main message of the site accross in a more diplomatic way, I think lots of ppl who may have previously hit the 'back button' will read all of mytoos now!
laugh

#131504 - 08/24/05 01:51 PM Re: New look is much better!  
kylie Offline
Lives Here
kylie  Offline
Lives Here

United Kingdom
Jerry and everyone involved in the new look site, you have done a great job, it looks great and is more to the point now I think. Well done!

#131505 - 08/24/05 07:23 PM Re: New look is much better!  
Jerry Offline
Founder
Jerry  Offline
Founder
Lives Here

Ohio Valley
Hmmm.. something changed on the main page? Haha..

Thanks for the compliment smile

We are still in the process of tweaking the new website and will probably do so for a week or more as we find problems. We're working on text formatting now.

The new look is more professional and easier to see by the many different computers out there.

Funny though... you say we're less likly to scare people off now? Odd.. because all the birds we show are "problem" birds, including the Logo and Flash. I would think this might even have a greater impact on those easily scared off.

Anyway, it's what we came up with and was not cheap to do. I want to thank the person that donated the funds to make this happen. He's been a long time member and puts his money where his mouth is. I wont name him as he may not want to be known... but he's free to take a bow if he wishes. smile

#131506 - 08/24/05 07:46 PM Re: New look is much better!  
MMM Offline
Lives Here
MMM  Offline
Lives Here

BIG KUDOS to the benefactor of the new mytoos - the site looks fabulous!

#131507 - 08/24/05 07:48 PM Re: New look is much better!  
Marie & Peaches Offline
Lives Here
Marie & Peaches  Offline
Lives Here

Wow, Jerry it is awesome. I hope it will make a lot of people stop and think and change their minds about getting a Too.

#131508 - 08/25/05 03:58 AM Re: New look is much better!  
Riley Offline
Riley  Offline

I have to say being extremely new to this site, the main page definately got my attention when I was reading the torture page and the letters. Before I read this site, I actually believed the soft and cuddly cr@p that everyone was telling me because they all knew a friend's sister's son who had the "sweetest bird you ever met" :rolleyes: Now that I have my old fella home, I am so happy that I read this and got some great tips before he came home.

#131509 - 08/25/05 05:31 AM Re: New look is much better!  
birdymom Offline
birdymom  Offline

alaska
What a Great Job!!! Alot of hard work! I hope that a ton of people find out about mytoos!!

#131510 - 08/28/05 09:13 PM Re: New look is much better!  
Bubba Offline
Bubba  Offline

London, United Kingdom
Jerry and everyone else who were involved in revamping the main pages - its awesome, I have just seen it - the sliding images of the toos really bring the point home - more so if possible than the static ones on the old pages - although I have the say that that old site really got my attention as well, and I can still remember crying my eyes out reading all the horror stories and the impact that that had on me regarding what can really go on with toos and other parrots in captivity. Jerry I think that you and your team are heroic in everything that you do in the name of toos and in trying to bring the message home regarding the plight of these birds in captivity.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny, Michael