Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 40 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#131501 - 12/17/05 04:11 AM Re: Jerry Please consider  
gottahaveart2 Offline
gottahaveart2  Offline

Maryland
Thanks for this site,,, But please go to Behavior Problems, under need advise...... gottahaveart2.........and give me some advise on a OLD U2 not a BABY, Seems like you guys and gals only want to chastized BABY BUYERS.. so this site can't attack me....LOL ,,,,I was Duped.. bought an OLD BIRD,,,so HELP,, a new Mom U2, that needs advise on behavior.........problems.....prolapse???? Tell me about hormones????????? time of the year????? Harley is a sweet bird......but I need you people to help me or he is going to a rescue or going to meet his maker!!!! How's that for being straight forward?????? Let's now help me with this guy and forget about all this other stuff, I got a U2 that needs your U2 help. So I Beg PLEASE HELP ME>>>>>>> I love Harley....but he is causing me problems at home......And I Love him..SO?????????? If I need to go elsewhere then give me the BOOT.........Or Help me?

#131502 - 12/30/05 03:07 AM Re: Jerry Please consider  
Really Offline
Really  Offline

was New Orleans
It's funny, because while I would never in my life dream of giving up either Foster, my other birds, or my iguanas, I'm adamant about doing everything I can to discourage other people from getting these animals. Most of the time, you can talk yourself dry, but people will do what they want. My daugher came home today in tears because she went to a new friend's house and they had two baby iguanas in a ten gallon tank with wood chips and were feeding it dog food. They had no idea that they were doing anything wrong because they believed the pet store people. You'd think with as much as people spend on baby toos they'd do a little thinking first.. With iggies, though, it's even worse. People buy an animal for 15 or 20 dollars that needs a minimum of $500 worth of stuff, but the pet store tells them that they only need a ten gallon tank and that if they keep the ig in there it won't grow (hello, that is because it will *die*, but then the people just buy another one). My point is that we can't stop trying to talk to people, but we have to accept that not everyone is going to listen.

I spent hours recently trying to talk someone out of buying a too. I sent her to Mytoos hoping to discourage her or, if she is serious consider adoption but she's afraid she won't find an adoptable bird "soon enough". Yet I know I'm part of the problem. They meet Foster who is a really *good* U2 (though there are days when my husband would differ with my opinion) and they think ... well you know the story. But, he animals we have are a full time job for all three of us (my dh, daughter and myself). And, I'm fortuate to have a daughter who not only is willing to scrub cages, but who ardently studies animal husbandry and volunteers when zoos and such will make exception for her age (she is almost 12). Without all three of us, our animals would not get the attention and love they need.

Susan

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny, Michael