Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 21 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131453 - 07/26/05 12:24 PM Careful with your attitude  
Jerry Offline
Founder
Jerry  Offline
Founder
Lives Here

Ohio Valley
It's come to my attention that several members of this board are being overly harsh in their replies to people. As I've mentioned before, I can cut you to the quick in a nice way.. or a nasty way. I decide which to use depending on the situation. Most of the time, a nice way will suffice.

Our passionate replies should be focused on those truly deserving of them: Breeders, people who back breeders, animal abusers, Trolls etc.

Our firm but compassionate replies should be saved for those confused, asking advice, or just curious. These people dont deserve to be crucified just because they want our opinion. Give your opinion... but be civilized about it.

I've had to delete a thread because a member was being chastised by one member in a way not deserving. I hated to remove the entire thread but I just didnt have time to remove all the posts necessary to have the thread make sense, while at the same time removing the offender.

I will contact this person and ask them to take a little more time when posting their thoughts on this board.

No.. we're not going soft. We will indeed crucify those deserving, while at the same time being very careful about how much "fluff" is taking place here. Bottom line: Using common sense in your replies will go a long way to help others.

#131454 - 07/30/05 10:12 PM Re: Careful with your attitude  
Gary P Offline
Gary P  Offline

Kansas
I am glad to see a post like this as you know I am new, and my first post was met with some firm responce but not to harsh. It was soft enough that I took time to think about what was said but I still returned (and went on to rescue our dear Balou and love the board). But I have seen some people that have come onto the board confused and because of a few extreem strong lashings will never return. Now maybe it's just me but some of these people that leave before their time or with a bad taste in their mouth. will go on to own a bird prematurley and do damage when the could have either learned alot more our been shown their way to another board that could have accomplished this. Ounce again I hope nobody takes offense I love the board and the info but sometimes its not what you mean but how you come accros wink

#131455 - 07/30/05 10:18 PM Re: Careful with your attitude  
DocT Offline
Lives Here
DocT  Offline
Lives Here

I have been saying that for awhile now that we need to tone down a bit in our responses to people. I would like to think we would give that person the benefit of doubt before we start what I think to be bashing. That just recently happened to a very nice memeber and was upsetting to many memebers including myself.

DocT

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny, Michael