Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 81 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#130431 - 11/11/06 01:52 AM Do you want to be a member?  
Jerry Offline
Founder
Jerry  Offline
Founder
Lives Here

Ohio Valley
If you sign up as a new member, please choose a bird icon to represent you when you do. We have a reason for this and it will get you your password faster. It may take 24 hours or so before you receive your password.

Also:

Right now, I've also had to stop the automatic sign-up. This means that I must approve each new member personally. If I suspect the new member is a Spammer, I wont approve them. Unfortunately, some innocent new members may be on hold for a while (or forever) until I'm sure they are who they say they are. Many people have very weird log in names... just like the Spammers. And those are the ones I'm watching most.

Finally: After you've signed up, send an e-mail to:
michael AT acebus dot com to confirm your registration. Place "MYTOOS" in the subject line and not "hello", because I don't read any mail that starts with "Hello". Reason? Almost every Spammer uses "Hello".

Finally: If you have a program... or belong to a web-mail that has a program that requires people (especially dot coms like us) to fill out a form and place letters or numbers in a form to verify who we are... it aint gonna happen. We're much too busy to fill out these verifications, and so you may never become a member UNLESS you approve us in advance of our registration to you.

Also: USE AS FRIENDLY A NAME AS POSSIBLE! IF YOUR NAME LOOKS SUSPICIOUS, YOU WONT GET MEMBERSHIP BECAUSE SPAMMERS USE WEIRD IMPOSSIBLE TO PRONOUNCE NAMES ALSO!

#130432 - 03/14/07 11:42 PM Re: Do you want to be a member?  
Jerry Offline
Founder
Jerry  Offline
Founder
Lives Here

Ohio Valley
For some reason I'm getting quite a few questions about cockatoos by e-mail. People are using the "contact us" link instead of posting the questions to the board where everyone can learn. I don't have time to answer all of these e-mails, and I wouldn't anyway because we took all the time and effort to start this messageboard for that exact reason. Have a problem or question? Post it here.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny