Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 35 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#130408 - 03/30/06 03:09 AM For The Birds  
Jerry Offline
Founder
Jerry  Offline
Founder
Lives Here

Ohio Valley
I want to share some good news concerning an old rival that has seen the light of day: Many of you here remember when a certain group of people were persuaded to turn on Mytoos and start their own website. This hurt me deeply (and still does) but life is short and we're all about the betterment of parrots. Having said that, I'd like to share the following announcement from Mona at "For The Birds" that she has posted on her website:

"I would also like to use this opportunity to let you all know that there will be a link to another bird
board that might surprise some of you who have been around since this board opened.

Without going into into too many details or lengthy explanations, I would like to say that we are adding
Mytoos to the list of important links.

Mytoos was my home on the internet for a long time. I was there the day it opened and a moderator
until I left to open this board.

Mytoos was unique as a bird board in that it was the first message board on the internet to promote
rescue and adoption of birds.

We had a "falling out" of sorts with Mytoos when this board was opened and I just want to say that
I am sorry for that because I will always have Jerry to thank for giving me the opportunity to be a part of such a ground breaking experience, in the first place.

Somehow the REASON for what we stood for at Mytoos AND this board was lost in the shuffle of ego's
and emotions.

We ALL want to help promote adoption and rescue, both at Mytoos and here at For The Birds.

I have come to realize over the last couple of years that I allowed my personal feelings
and ego to interfer with our mutual goals...... EDUCATING AND PROMOTING ADOPTION AND RESCUE....

and I am happy to share with you that Jerry and I have talked, and I have found that some of the information I was given regarding both him personally and his board was based on untruths and I lost a friend of 8 years because I chose to
believe someone else instead of my longtime friend.

ANYWAY...LOL (I think I said I was not going to go into a lengthy discussion didn't I??)...the bottom line is...

We are adding Mytoos to our links page because we feel that it is a VITAL source of information for anyone
either considering adding a Cockatoo to their family or who may already have one and need guidance or
just answers to questions about Cockatoos.

I just wanted you all to know why suddenly we are promoting a board that until now has been left off our recommended links list. To those of you new to the board, this will make no sense at all..lol..but those who have been here since the beginning
will understand why I felt the need to share this with you all...and explain WHY the sudden change of heart regarding Mytoos.

Sometimes we have to step back, reevaluate our thoughts, beliefs and feelings..and do what is in the best interest of the BIRDS...and leave our ego's at home..as I have come to realize belatedly...but hopefully not too late."

Sincerely
Mona

Also from a "For The Birds" Moderator:

"This is a great day. All boards should not be rivals, they should compliment each other for the betterment of birdom all over the world.

I made a big mistake because I also was misled and chose to believe false information when I should have believed my friend of 8 years.

It is because of Jerry's generosity that he allows us to post his link on our board.

MyToos, as I am sure you are all aware of, is the THE BEST source of information about cockatoos on the internet.

Maybe one day all bird boards will work together."

"Java One"

I am happy to see the animosity between our boards finally come to an end. It will take me a little more time to "adjust"... but I'm sure it will work out for the better....

Jerry

#130409 - 03/30/06 04:35 PM Re: For The Birds  
Lori Conarro Offline
Lives Here
Lori Conarro  Offline
Lives Here

Salt Lake City, Utah
This is a very good thing!!!

#130410 - 03/30/06 05:28 PM Re: For The Birds  
Liisa B Offline
Lives Here
Liisa B  Offline
Lives Here

Canada
Indeed it is smile

Now we have TWO great places for the betterment of yours, mine & our birds!

Liisa

#130411 - 03/30/06 11:54 PM Re: For The Birds  
jennibee Offline
jennibee  Offline

Concord, NC
Not being aware of any details other than what is mentioned above, I would like to make this general comment: communication and forgiveness are two great qualities that the world would do well to emulate. How much better off we would all be when people strive to move past differences, communicate and share! It is very exciting to me to see a friendship repaired and renewed, and to see how we will all benefit by supporting eachother and our mutual goals.

I hope this did not sound dorky or preachy; I always look back on my life and wonder if there are times when I could have been a better person by forgiving, or communicating more effectively, or relinquishing pride and saying I am sorry. It's so nice to see such a great example. smile

#130412 - 03/31/06 06:06 PM Re: For The Birds  
jm47 Offline
Chained to the Computer
jm47  Offline
Chained to the Computer

central Iowa
You bet, jennibee! I bet that's just about a universal experience. (If there are any perfectly forgiving people out there, I'll be surprised wink )

Jody
#130413 - 04/01/06 02:15 AM Re: For The Birds  
happybirds Offline
Lives Here
happybirds  Offline
Lives Here

so grateful that the rift has been resolved. I know how close you all were, and am hopeful that things can be warm and happy again.

Thanks to Mona for having the courage to put it in writing......

#130414 - 04/01/06 02:19 AM Re: For The Birds  
WillieandPhoebe Offline
WillieandPhoebe  Offline

Lake Havasu, Arizona
United we stand, divided we fall. Working together will provide the strong front needed for the rescue and adoption work.

Debby
#130415 - 04/01/06 08:28 PM Re: For The Birds  
mambo_dup1 Offline
mambo_dup1  Offline

Spain
It is always great when people settle differences and just goes to show that we must always take into account peoples behaviour towards us over hearsay. After all the proof is in the pudding

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny