Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 40 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#129939 - 05/01/07 09:15 PM A great rescue  
feathersnfur Offline
feathersnfur  Offline

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/video/archive.asp?postID=244#comments

I hope that when you copy and paste this, it will show the article and the video. It is a young woman who could use a little help with any donations. I know her as one of the nicest and most conscientious bird rescues ever. Anyone have
any old, dirty money laying around? lol She could sure use it. She is up to her eyebrows paying for all the vet bills and food and never asks for a dime. So I will. Thank all....

#129940 - 05/01/07 09:32 PM Re: A great rescue  
Kim & Lilly Offline
Lives Here
Kim & Lilly  Offline
Lives Here

Nashville, TN
What a wonderful story! I know Sarah has been hard at it for quite some time and I have much respect for this young lady! She is a blessing for these birds.

I'll send her what I can, and if any of you out there could spare a couple of dollars, I know she could use it and it would be put to great use. smile Kim

#129941 - 05/01/07 09:41 PM Re: A great rescue  
Chewy Offline
Lives Here
Chewy  Offline
Lives Here

Washington
I know sarah also. She's a wonderful person, right now I cannot send monetary help, but I will pray for her a much as I can. whichis everyday.
That's another reason why breedign needs to stop. There are rescues out there with plenty of birds both large and small.

look to your birds for love
Chewy RB2
Lightning-parakeet
Zeus-zebra finch
RIP
Eli
little foot Cockatiels
#129942 - 05/02/07 12:46 AM Re: A great rescue  
Lrex Offline
Lives Here
Lrex  Offline
Lives Here

B.C. Canada
Sarah has been helping me with some advice for a sick cockatiel we adopted last Friday. She is a caring and knowledgeable individual. Her video is very, very moving. Anyone that can help her out should do it knowing that it really will be appreciated smile

#129943 - 05/02/07 02:38 AM Re: A great rescue  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am swallowing my pride and coming back on here in behalf of Sarah. There are many good rescues, many here volunteer at rescues and sanctuaries and I applaude you all, but the truth is that those who dedicate their time and money in rescueing the smaller species of birds are overlooked. Sarah pays for everything out of her own pocket, will NEVER turn any bird away in need of a home and medical care, and through all of this ask for nothing in return.She is about as honest as they come. Through her own illnesses has faught for these birds and for protection to be put in place to help all companion birds. Though ill herself, travel to Pierce County Washington and joined with Larry Galawa and many others against the cruelty that many of these birds suffer at the hands of breeders and pet shops.She will never ask for anything from anyone, but would offer her help with a bird if called upon.
I know that there are some very compassionate, caring people on this board, and if each one of you could find it in your heart to help Sarah to continue helping these birds, Sarah would be more appreciative than you could ever imagine.Many of these cockatiels probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Sarah or would be living in horrible conditions,Sarah deserves all the help she can get.

http://cockatielrelocation.org/

#129944 - 05/02/07 03:12 AM Re: A great rescue  
Chewy Offline
Lives Here
Chewy  Offline
Lives Here

Washington
Thank you for posting that site for us. I think it is wonderful what Sara is doing.

look to your birds for love
Chewy RB2
Lightning-parakeet
Zeus-zebra finch
RIP
Eli
little foot Cockatiels
#129945 - 05/03/07 04:59 AM Re: A great rescue  
feathersnfur Offline
feathersnfur  Offline

Thank you all for the kind words for this young lady. As Optimistic said, she will do anything, at any time, for anyone at all. Several years ago, there was an E coli outbreak in Wa. state and Sarah contracted it. But her Dr. said it was the flu. Because of the misdiagnosis and treatment, she now has heart problems, kidney problems (had a transplant but it didn't take) can't have children and also has diabetes. But she doesn't complain...not once. She puts all her love into caring for her houseful of birds. She has traveled twice to Tacoma, Wa. to help in our fight for birds...to get laws to protect them from the bad breeders. It took a toll on her but she is such a trooper. So, thank you again, for you caring for this big hearted girl...all 5 feet of her! lol If you know of any organizations that like to sponsor people like her, she is 501c3. Wing hugs to you all

#129946 - 05/04/07 05:06 AM Re: A great rescue  
Kyrie Offline
Kyrie  Offline

Optimistic, so good to hear from you. Be proud of all the good work you do for the birds! You have a huge heart and many friends on this board.

I will certainly make a donation to this worthy rescue.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny