Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 47 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#128926 - 07/26/06 04:53 AM Plans on Article in Tribune  
Tigger and Baileys Dad Offline
Tigger and Baileys Dad  Offline

Washington
I have been told that the articles due to run today and tommorow in the Tribune (by Mira Tweti)will not run

Instead the 2 articles are to be combined into one very large article in this coming Sundays edition.

This will be much better and will allow Mira enough time to really cover the bases on the process that is now underway in Pierce County.

Larry Gallawa

#128927 - 07/28/06 03:41 PM Re: Plans on Article in Tribune  
freflited Offline
freflited  Offline

US of A
Up all nite with a sick 'too...found this!!! All the info you want and then some on Scudders ..made me sick as my bird! READ IT, PASS IT ON..A REAL EYE OPENER for those birds in Pearce County, Wash. angry

http://www.parrotprotection.org

#128928 - 07/30/06 06:41 PM Re: Plans on Article in Tribune  

Washington
The Tribune article due in todays Tribune is being pushed out until next week because it is so large that there wasnt room in todays addition. It looks like it will be in next Sundays edition (2 days before the public hearing) this is actually a better deal since the article will be fresh in everyones minds at the hearings.

Larry

#128929 - 07/30/06 08:34 PM Re: Plans on Article in Tribune  
BirdsN'Ways Offline
BirdsN'Ways  Offline

As frelited says, there is a ton of information to be found on the website http://www.parrotprotection.org pertaining to the issues of birds in Pierce County and the Scudders of Parrot Depot. I'm still reading, and reading, and reading....

What I'm saying is that it will take some time to read through all of this information, but it's well worth it. All on one website are many of the public records that before now were more difficult to track down. Add to that, news articles, eyewitness statements, pictures, an analysis of the food that until this website was published, was being sold through Scudder's Parrot Pantry website ( and advertised as what is fed on their farm...poor birds...see the site! all, IMHO, of course ), and you've got a very clear picture of both the history of events and documentation that these practices continue.

Please take the time to read through this site and then...pass it on. To others that care about the welfare of parrots, and post to message boards and lists that put the welfare of birds FIRST. These conditions have been allowed to go on too long without intervention, but if enough voices protest, together we CAN make a difference.

#128930 - 07/31/06 03:32 AM Re: Plans on Article in Tribune  

Washington
The tribune article will be in the Monday 7-31-2006 newspaper. the following link will take you to the Monday paper on Monday.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny