Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 80 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#128787 - 06/10/06 04:56 AM question about helping bird store birds  
Sheri2135 Offline
Sheri2135  Offline

Mo
There is a pet store here called Pet Supermarket and I went in there. My heart dropped. All of their cages are peeling. I mean they look like they were painted and the paint is coming off. Also, these babies can fit their heads through them. I was talking with the birds and they would stick their heads out and almost make it out of there to get to me. I hate bird stores!!! I questioned the person who works with the birds and he says it's totally safe, the cages peeling and them sticking their heads out. Correct me if I'm wrong but NO IT'S NOT OK!! It just ticks me off. If I was rich I would buy every one of them then sue them!!
Question is, what can I do to help these babies? I'm willing to do anything. My heart is broken over this. I played commando there also. No toys for most of the babies and about 25 to 30 small birds in one cage, not enough perches for them and they were just sad. Sooo, I went and got perches and put them in there, got toys and put them in there and they guy caught me and said, don't worry, I'm not saying a word. So I went to town. But that is only a short fix for them. They deserve better.
Any ideas?
Sincerely,
Sheri Lily and Clemmy

#128788 - 06/10/06 12:14 PM Re: question about helping bird store birds  
ayres with a 2 Offline
Lives Here
ayres with a 2  Offline
Lives Here

Northeastern P.A.
I saved this link from a previous thread...thought it was wonderful
http://www.ashlandcreative.com/awc/petsmart/formpetsmart.htm
Other than that, voice your concerns to the higher ups, and cross your fingers frown . It's so hard to see them treated like that, but buying them only makes room for more to be bred to replace them. Jerry has a post with business cards promoting rescue (try doing a search, top right)that you can print out and put near the birds and supplies. Even if you change just one persons mind, it's start. Our ocal pet store sells some small birds, and an occasional large one- they know how I feel, 2 employees even agree with me. Money talks,though, to greedy people. I spend $1.60 a week on crickets there- no bird toys or supplies for me from them. Good luck, and thanks for giving the little guys some happiness!

#128789 - 06/10/06 09:30 PM Re: question about helping bird store birds  
Lrex Offline
Lives Here
Lrex  Offline
Lives Here

B.C. Canada
Sheri
Try the court of public opinion - as we have done just recently.... Give us a website, an email address - a point of contact and I am sure you will get some folks on "your side" I will be checking back smile

http://www.mytoos.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=34;t=000181

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny