Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 73 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#126541 - 06/08/04 06:39 AM Re: What would you have told him?  
liviray Offline
Lives Here
liviray  Offline
Lives Here

Wi
AMEN LADYHAWK

Honestly Alison, I admire the way you posted the question, and I also can appreciate the difficult position your in trying to find homes for unwanted birds. I always think God speaks through your "gut" when there is a little voice in there saying that something doesnt seem right...it usually isnt. I'd really be interested in any updated information or reply E-Mails from this man...and I wonder how many other "feelers" he has out there and if someone is dumb enough to send him rescues. Makes me sad that its as easy as saying you have a few bucks and a home large enough to fit em ...automatic credibility with some but you Alison prove to be MUCH SMARTER than that. Thank You.

#126542 - 06/09/04 01:32 AM Re: What would you have told him?  
ConnieS Offline
Lives Here
ConnieS  Offline
Lives Here

Alison, I agree with the others in following your instincts. I also found his message suspicious and agree that his response was revealing.

When I adopted Victor, his previous owner chose me over another prospective home that was large with a huge aviary and a wealthy owner. Her reason: Victor requires a lot of attention and she felt the other guy just wanted him as a "showpiece" in his aviary. She didn't think he would get the personal attention he needs. She wanted Victor to have a "home".

This email was awfully impersonal and my gut tells me that a showpiece is likely the motive here as well, if not worse. Not what I would want if I was in your shoes. I think you did the right thing.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny