Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 40 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#126476 - 03/10/04 05:56 AM Sterlings new home  
Der Alta Offline
Der Alta  Offline

South of Boston
Greets everybody,

Yes, my first post, but the missus has been here for a bit. You all know her as Valex.

What I wanted to give you all a sneak peak of is something that I've done for All Cape Parrot Rescue. Those of you that are headed out to Vegas get to enjoy a bit more, as Sterling is bringing a few pieces of Promo material I threw together.

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place, but I'm quite the new guy here, and I'm well into my 18th hour of the day.

Anyways, on with the show:

Looking over the education/adoption center towards the flights in the back ground (with a hand draw effect):
Front View

Looking from the back ground over the flights towards the back of the Adoption/education center.
Rear View
Hope you all enjoy this, and have a good time out in Vegas.

AO

#126477 - 03/10/04 07:31 AM Re: Sterlings new home  
Ladyhawk Offline
Lives Here
Ladyhawk  Offline
Lives Here

California
You're an architect, too?! This looks beautiful! Especially to someone like me, who can mutilate a simple stick figure (sigh). When do you anticipate completion of the construction? This should be a wonderful change for rescued birds.

#126478 - 03/10/04 01:04 PM Re: Sterlings new home  
Der Alta Offline
Der Alta  Offline

South of Boston
The project is currently only in the schematic design stage (aka "pretty pictures"). So it's a ways off yet. Unless Sterling comes home with a chunk of change.

I've been pieceing this together over the past few months, to help Sterling raise money for the rescue. As he gains funds, we move a step closer to reality.

As it stands, we're aiming for a phased construction process, with one flight building (or even a half) being built first, then the other parts added as money to support the resuce comes in.

I've worked the design to be simple and modular, so that it has a bit of adaptability to any site, and can be replicated easily. One sticking point was that it has to look like it fits in to the Cape Cod architecture. Hence the low pitch roof and shingle siding.

AO

#126479 - 03/10/04 02:37 PM Re: Sterlings new home  
littlecharlietoo Offline
Lives Here
littlecharlietoo  Offline
Lives Here

Huntsville, Alabama
Wow! that plan looks wonderful! Good luck to you guys and Sterdon as well! Unfortunately we won't be in vegas, but look forward to any updates you can provide on the board. We will keep you guys in mind if we ever run into some spare money that the car or the birds don't eat!

#126480 - 03/10/04 07:20 PM Re: Sterlings new home  
saggismama Offline
saggismama  Offline

Florida, New York
what a truly magnificent job!!! i can't wait to see more when we get to vegas!

#126481 - 03/10/04 08:08 PM Re: Sterlings new home  
Cainman Offline
Cainman  Offline

Milledgeville,GA
Those are absolutely beautiful designs. I don't have much money on me but I can certainly spare a donation if it means getting that project off the ground and/or completed. Too many people especially ones like you would find on this site try to get things like that done and are thwarted due to limitation of funding.

#126482 - 03/10/04 09:52 PM Re: Sterlings new home  
zoe luvr Offline
Lives Here
zoe luvr  Offline
Lives Here

California
Wow! That looks great! I hope the money comes in so that you guys can get that started. Sterdon will surely have some happy birdies living there.
Good Luck, Hopefully I will be able to donate some money to you guys in the future. laugh

#126483 - 03/11/04 01:23 AM Re: Sterlings new home  
ConnieS Offline
Lives Here
ConnieS  Offline
Lives Here

AO, what an awesome design and the modular approach is perfect for a struggling rescue that will most likely only be able to expand in bits and pieces. I love the concept of duplication in the modules that minimizes costs yet remains aesthetically pleasing. Wonderful job!!!!

I know I will be donating to the building fund. I hope others will also contribute to the cause for the sake of the birds.

#126484 - 03/11/04 01:55 AM Re: Sterlings new home  
Buffy Offline
Lives Here
Buffy  Offline
Lives Here

Missouri
Can you set up a Paypal donation account, or give information on where donations can be sent?

#126485 - 03/11/04 03:14 AM Re: Sterlings new home  
littlecharlietoo Offline
Lives Here
littlecharlietoo  Offline
Lives Here

Huntsville, Alabama
Buffy,
Here's a link to his rescue... they have pay pal set up, click on "make a donation" on the right hand side. all cape parrot rescue

#126486 - 03/25/04 10:03 PM Re: Sterlings new home  
Der Alta Offline
Der Alta  Offline

South of Boston
With a busy life, I don't get much free time. I have however added this little trailer that I threw together in the past few days. Remeber it's just a teaser, and there are still a few more hours to be invested to smooth out the animation, as well as add audio and links.

What we're hoping is that this will help generate funds for construction. So with a donation via paypal, we can ship out a more indepth and fuller developed package that comes on either DVD or VHS.

All this stems from a desire to have an aviary that Valex and I will feel very good about leaving our monster at when we're too old to take care of them.

And without further ado...

All Cape Parrot Rescue - The teaser

Enjoy.

AO

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny