Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 79 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#126461 - 02/22/04 11:45 PM If Cockatoos could read this is the site they would choose.  
Phyl. Offline
Phyl.  Offline

Australia
If only people wanting to own (or rather have a Cockatoo own them) came here first they could make a much better decision before falling in love without knowledge. There is rarely an engagement period is there (sometimes this can happen) and people can Cockatoo Sit many times and even have the 'too overnight or a week at a time while they learn and realise how noisy and demanding they can be, but well worth all the work and effort for people who are truly part Cockatoo :)I have seen first hand someone want to take a Cockatoo out of a home where she believed she could take much better care of it without going into any of the pros. and cons. of actually being responsible for this bird 24/7. Well she was given this completely untrained bird and it actually was less happy with her because she segregated it from the family completely because it was so noisy and she did not have the time to give to this bird it so desperately needed. To cut my ramblings a bit shorter than as I can prattle on! the Cockatoo was eventually passed onto a Rescue org. and I believe an experienced person was going to take it home and teach it all the things people with no idea what to do had not done.
I do hope this is not "Fluff". Not quite sure being very new to this great place what fluff actually is yet smile Maybe my ravings about all the wonderful Wild Birds and I can go on and on as we have hundreds here where I live at the 90 Mile Beach in Australia which is 90 miles of surf and sand but for us we just love Lake Reeve at our back door which is a wild life reserve full of water birds with hundreds of black swans etc. We just love feeding all the Cockatoos (they really are very clever) who come right up to our decking
twice a day. We must buy a new printer and scanner as ours have given up the ghost.
Is this a bit too long? I do love to talk.
Phyl.

#126462 - 02/23/04 04:22 PM Re: If Cockatoos could read this is the site they would choose.  
ZazuSally Offline
Lives Here
ZazuSally  Offline
Lives Here

Ontario, Canada
Hi Phyl:

You got any pictures of the "wild cockies" you can share with us.

I love seeing them in their natural environment.

Australia is the number 1 place on my very short list of places to visit. I was going to go this year for my 50th but don't want to leave my birds for 3 weeks. The other two places: Alaska and Ireland/Scotland.

Bev, Zazu and Sally Ann

Owner: DebRan Bird Toys

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny