Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 39 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#122975 - 09/30/03 03:06 AM Beak  
MikeyMoluccanToo Offline
MikeyMoluccanToo  Offline

Madison Wi
Hello, I am new and this is my first post. Thanks in advance for your help.
I have had Mikey for 4 years now. He is a beutiful M2. He is a good bird and loves all who comes over. The problem is this. He does nothing when I am not home. He does not play with his toys or chew on any of them. He doesnt do this when I am home either. I have to trim his beak myself as he chews on nothing to wear it down. One side of his beak looks like its detereating and is all white. Its wore down pretty bad. His whole beak top and bottom is overgrown. I took him to a vet and she ran tests on it and found nothing wrong with it. He is uncomfortable with it. The bottom is also split and he gets it caught on string toys he chews on. I have to pull the string out when he gets stuck. I feel the vet is missing something and he needs attention. His beak is very deformed. He doesnt eat seeds. He only eats pellets and the veggie mix I cook for him along with apples and grapes. I hope I gave a good discription on the problem. Thanks

#122976 - 10/01/03 01:12 AM Re: Beak  
Tweetie Offline
Tweetie  Offline

Hello Mikey's Mom! You could be me....I have a five year old Moluccan named Mikey and I live in Wisconsin...sound familiar?? HA! HA! I'm sorry to hear about the beak problem. Maybe another vet's opinion? Email me if you'd like to chat. Cynthia <cynthia3434@yahoo.com>

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny