Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 19 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71575 - 04/21/02 03:39 AM new around here  
faze Offline
faze  Offline

cape coral fl
hey guys i've been a herper(yes reptiles)for quite a number of years now and i figured that i would open a pet store...well shortly after i did i had a customer come in with a lesser sulfur named"bonehead"he is a plucker due to the fact that his mate got killed by a racoon(they where kept on a screen patio)well the reason the guy brought him to me and i respect him emmensly for doing so is because he just didnt have the time to keep him happy(which ended up being me)my mother originally got him for my wife which he didnt take to my mother niether(pierced my moms ear and took a chunk of my wifes face)well i went up to the store on my day off just because i was curious bout him everyone was tellin me not to go near him because he was a biter..and truthfully i just walked up to him put my hand out and he's been mine ever since.that was over a month ago and as i said before he attacked both my mom and wife.....welll after actaully talkin to the old owner he mentioned that him and his wife where no longer together and then he mentioned NOT to raise my hand to him...i am assuming his wife used to abuse him frown well a lil over a month later he's starting to grow his feathers back(he's with me 24-7)and i think that also being at the store being spoiled by me and customers all day has helped emmensely heres a pic of him when i first got him
he seems to be a LOT happier now and after a month of workin with him he's gotten to trust people again he's started getting feathers back under his wings and down between his legs once he grows back on his chest ill post another pic ......btw nice to meet everyone laugh

#71576 - 04/21/02 03:40 AM Re: new around here  
faze Offline
faze  Offline

cape coral fl
wew my fingers are tired

#71577 - 04/21/02 04:06 AM Re: new around here  
Michael Offline
Admin
Michael  Offline
Admin
Lives Here

Vermont, USA
Beautiful bird, I love the picture. He looks very inquisitive and alert. It is nice to have you and Bonehead among our group. I'm glad to see things have improved for him.

#71578 - 04/21/02 05:35 AM Re: new around here  
faze Offline
faze  Offline

cape coral fl
yup inquisitve he is he's worse then my 2 y.o lol
he loves to tear up anything he can get his beak on including my leather computer chair wink

#71579 - 04/21/02 07:45 AM Re: new around here  
Melinda Offline
Melinda  Offline

Hi Faze and welcome! I'm glad that "Bonehead" has found such a caring new owner. smile The name "Bonehead" sounds like his former owner didn't really love or respect him. Will you be changing his name to something more befitting his beloved new status?

Melinda

#71580 - 04/21/02 08:00 AM Re: new around here  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, and welcome-have an idea if you want to give bonehead a new name, he may recognize that as his name, but surely your new bird deserves better-why not start calling him "bones" instead, like off of star trek? Another member here is in the process of adopting a cockatoo whose orginal name was "cockatoo", original, I know, and they have adapted it to "Roo" which is much better. You may use that name with affection, but it reflects his old owners uncaringness, and I can see that you like this bird much better than that. laugh

#71581 - 04/21/02 05:05 PM Re: new around here  
Mona Offline
Lives Here
Mona  Offline
Lives Here

Hello and welcome to the group! Bonehead does indeed sound like he has found a wonderful home.
This is a great place to meet some very knowledgeable cockatoo people, and share bird stories and information. I hope you'll keep us informed about your new companions plucking. I have resized your photo, please try to keep all photos about this size as the server we are on does have a limited amount of space and we dont want to overload it.
Thanks!
Mona

#71582 - 04/22/02 02:56 AM Re: new around here  
faze Offline
faze  Offline

cape coral fl
thanks guys actually i kinda think the name bonehead fits him because he loves to bang his head up and down(kinda reminds me of a headbanger)lol yes he is very loved he actually tried to attack to of my customers today first time in quite some time he's pulled that one but he has gotten to know what the the words "no bad boy" mean think it might have been the fact that after reprimanding him he got put in his cage dunno maybe it was that or maybe it was the tone of voice i got with him when he does something bad either way it has worked and he's learning what his limits are with me oh ya and also i have started calling him bone alot i dont wanna stray away from the name he's been given because he was a import so he's atleast 10 and who knows how long he was called that before i got him wink but either way he's my lil love sponge and i love him to death....my family might not at times but i do wink

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny