Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 73 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#260887 - 01/03/18 01:47 AM Hi from Arizona  
U2x2 Offline
U2x2  Offline

I wish I had found this site before adopting our first cockatoo. What an eye opener! Some things we are doing right and others not so right. Whatever we are doing, our U2s seem to be happy.
Anyways, we (my wife) have two Umbrellas.
Our first one, Tiki, was a rescue. We have been his roomates for three years. Like all rescues, his past was sketchy, abused, sent to rescue, was return to the same home, abused and finally returned to the local rescue where my wife was volunteering. My wife was the only one that Tiki would come out his cage and not bite. He is 19yrs old. It took about 2 years before he begin to trust me and I did not look like an ad for BandAid company. In fact he is helping me type this intro.
Our 2nd one, Otis is a rehome bird. His previous owner had medical issues and could not care for him any longer. He is 40yrs old. And badly plucked. That was 6 months ago. He has new feather growth.
They have two different personalities. Tiki is quiet and prefers to sit on us. Otis is the class clown, preferring to sit on back of the couch, hop and verbalize, and if the bedroom door is open, make a mad dash to bedroom and play under the bed. BTW...he barks ( like a dog).
They have the run of the house, preferring to be near us.And we take them to the grocery store, pharmacy, farmers market pretty much anywhere we go. My wife is retired and spends the most time with them. Funny thing, Tiki has decided to mate with me but spends most of time with my wife,. BTW...I neither encourage or make it easy for Tiki to matewith me.
That its for all.

#260888 - 01/03/18 02:01 AM Re: Hi from Arizona [Re: U2x2]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Welcome to Mytoos!!! Looks like Tiki and Otis have landed in their forever homes! Otis isn't the only bird to bark, I have a grey at my house right now that not only barks like a dog, but barks in different sizes! He barks like a shepherd and like a poodle! Again welcome to Mytoos and we look forward to hearing more stories of Tiki and Otis running the house.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#260890 - 01/05/18 03:06 AM Re: Hi from Arizona [Re: U2x2]  
U2x2 Offline
U2x2  Offline

Thanks for welcome, BE2Cassie.
New behavior..Otis will go into Tiki's cage and forage and Tiki will do the same in Otis's cage. Been watching them, getting ready to ask questions in the behavior and diet section. Both birds are roosting now, but earlier Otis was doing his best attempt to climb up into my wife's robe while she was standing!

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny