Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 27 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#254313 - 12/19/13 03:07 AM New keyboard symbol? Anyone else have this?  
JackieBoy Offline
JackieBoy  Offline

University Park PA, Manhattan
I got a new keyboard, a cheap universal one not a name brand one as I go through keyboards kinda often. It doesn't have the symbol the thingy which means 'and' on the number 7. In fact it doesn't have it anywhere on this keyboard. Not that I use it as I just type and. I've had plenty of no name cheap keyboards so and all were standard. Does anyone know if the 'and' thingy is being phased out?

I have the @, #,$and all the rest and in place of the 'and' thingy there is a really, I think, offensive symbol which looks to me like a swastika so I won't type it here. Does anyone else have this symbol or know if this is a new replacment for the 'and' symbol? This keyboard is a cheap one and a 'no name' aka generic one but it wasn't that cheap and that generic. I think but am not sure it is made by Acer but doesn't have any name on it, the color is black, it's not junky or cheap looking and I bought it at Best Buy.

Between the birds, my coffee and cookies and my heavy typing as I tend to punch the keys rather hard I go through keyboards about every 6 months or so even better name brand ones so I just buy no names. This really looks like a swastica and I'm thinking of taking it back for this reason only. Does anyone know if the 'and' symbol has been replaced with another symbol? Sorry to bother.

The Heavens Created Birds, then man created cages, shame on man.

#254321 - 12/20/13 12:00 AM Re: New keyboard symbol? Anyone else have this? [Re: JackieBoy]  
Ladyhutch Offline
Lives Here
Ladyhutch  Offline
Lives Here

Oregon
I think that thingy is called an ampersand, wink
I don' have the swastika thingy. Maybe keyboard made for another country?

Last edited by Ladyhutch; 12/20/13 12:02 AM.

You have two choices: accept things the way they are, or have courage to change them. J Kanani

#254335 - 12/20/13 09:52 PM Re: New keyboard symbol? Anyone else have this? [Re: JackieBoy]  
JackieBoy Offline
JackieBoy  Offline

University Park PA, Manhattan
ampersand, thanks LadyHutch. I took it back and they told me they had several other returns over this ampersand. I think you're right in that it is some kind of symbol used in another country.

The Heavens Created Birds, then man created cages, shame on man.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny