Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 50 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#246303 - 07/23/12 07:14 AM Hi from Southern California  
4Fids3Kids Offline
4Fids3Kids  Offline

Southern California
Hi. I am a native west coaster (Vancouver) residing in California with my husband, three personality filled kids and four birds.

I never expected to have four birds, but they keep coming my way (: We have a female BE2 (unkonwn age), male Timneh African Grey (8), female Vosameri Eclectus (uknown age), male Red Sided Eclectus (7).

Our female ekkie has been with us the longest. Our BE2 is the most recent addition (about 6 months).

#246307 - 07/23/12 10:23 AM Re: Hi from Southern California [Re: 4Fids3Kids]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Welcome to Mytoos. Bet your house gets a wee bit noisy at times!
Nancy

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#246321 - 07/24/12 01:42 AM Re: Hi from Southern California [Re: 4Fids3Kids]  
Lucy's Mom Offline
Lives Here
Lucy's Mom  Offline
Lives Here

Parrish, FL
Agree with Nancy - wow!!! Look forward to more posts and pix! Welcome to MyToos.

Karen, Lucy (U2), BooBoo (CAG),Pina (BCC),Willie (Cockatiel),
Melody, Sonata, Penny & Dory(dogs)
#246332 - 07/24/12 04:52 AM Re: Hi from Southern California [Re: 4Fids3Kids]  
jm47 Offline
Chained to the Computer
jm47  Offline
Chained to the Computer

central Iowa
Welcome.

Jody
#246340 - 07/24/12 05:35 AM Re: Hi from Southern California [Re: 4Fids3Kids]  
4Fids3Kids Offline
4Fids3Kids  Offline

Southern California
Thanks everyone! It does get noisy at times. But my other birds mostly talk. My BE2 talks a little, very little, but does have one loud caw she does when she dances. She's not too bad though and is super cuddly, very sweet although she does do the attack thing to people other than me and my oldest daughter.

She enjoys the whole family. She is going through a major molt so she is quite dusty. We bathe her often, but she only really enjoys a very gently spray setting from the hose outside.

She entertains herself very well. She is not as demanding as most toos b/c she came from a home of 50 birds. She shared a cage with a male, but she dominated the cage so that is how she ended up with me. She's a snuggly thing and I would hold her all the time except for two things. 1) She poops constantly which makes me think she likes me, but no that much. 2) She raises her wings, bends down low and quivers a lot. I think she is pretty hormonal and I don't want to encourage that.

She is a real love and enjoys music like most toos. She is very animated. When she does her cawing thing, everybirdy shuts up. She rules the roost in the evenings, but she has not screeched the last two nights for the first time since we got her. It's been really nice listening to the grinding of beaks (: In the morning, my TAG talks like crazy. It is hysterical.

Four birds is a handful, but I have three children. Everyone helps out, cleaning cages daily, feeding, playing, bathing, grooming. It's really fun. My female ekkie is completely in love with my husband so he takes her outside with him the days he works from home. Also my ekkies share a large stainless macaw cage - it's a monster! I would be worried about mating, but my ekkie thinks he is human and could care less about my female ekkie.

Last edited by 4Fids3Kids; 07/24/12 06:05 AM.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny