Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 27 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#226689 - 11/04/10 12:38 AM Chewy  
Chewy Offline
Lives Here
Chewy  Offline
Lives Here

Washington
Has been so sweet lately. he's consistantly coming out of his cage. he's doing a 180 degree turn from when we lived at my parents house. he loves to sit and look out the window on his t-stand. I stillhaven't gotten up to get a better playstand but I will. I want him to have whatever I can get him.

look to your birds for love
Chewy RB2
Lightning-parakeet
Zeus-zebra finch
RIP
Eli
little foot Cockatiels
#226694 - 11/04/10 01:53 AM Re: Chewy [Re: Chewy]  
Lucy's Mom Offline
Lives Here
Lucy's Mom  Offline
Lives Here

Parrish, FL
We are so happy for you and Chewy!!!

Hugs from FL!

Karen, Lucy (U2), BooBoo (CAG),Pina (BCC),Willie (Cockatiel),
Melody, Sonata, Penny & Dory(dogs)
#226727 - 11/05/10 02:48 PM Re: Chewy [Re: Chewy]  
RB2sMom Offline
Lives Here
RB2sMom  Offline
Lives Here

Lilburn, GA
Great news Erin. It sounds like Chewy and you have a lot less stress. Best from me and my RB2s Hannah and Harry.

Susanne
Our flock: 2 RB2s
Our herd & rescue: turtles, tortoises, other reptiles
#226806 - 11/09/10 12:22 AM Re: Chewy [Re: RB2sMom]  
Chewy Offline
Lives Here
Chewy  Offline
Lives Here

Washington
Thanks guys. He is doing so much better. he sl eeps well in his sleep cage for the most part. Thanks to Scarletts mom advising to cover him. he hates towels but it works. He is getting alot more sleep.

Chewy RB2
Lightning-parakeet
Zeus-zebra finch
RIP
Eli
little foot Cockatiels
#226976 - 11/12/10 06:29 PM Re: Chewy [Re: Chewy]  
FeatheredAngels Offline
Lives Here
FeatheredAngels  Offline
Lives Here

So good to hear that Chewy is doing so well. A good nights rest is so important to their demeanor during the day. We always give our birds a full 12 hours of quiet dark night time rest. Right now with hormones flaring, we have increased it to 13 hours and it seems to be helping...a bit lol.

Deborah
A Too is not a pet, it is a choice for life!

#226998 - 11/13/10 04:10 PM Re: Chewy [Re: FeatheredAngels]  
Scarletts mom Offline
Lives Here
Scarletts mom  Offline
Lives Here

SC
Is he getting use to any of the toys I sent? Just to be clear to all who read this, Erin and Chewy used to live in a basement with complete darkness so covering was not required. In her new house he was being disturbed by new lights and sounds.

FA, I too was told (by my AV)to up Buffs sleeping hours to 14 since he is in LOVE mode! LOL! Also was told to limit preening to short intervals while in hormone season and no warm mashy foods, as it would be a sign of me regurgitating to HIM. Always a challenge! smile

Last edited by Scarletts mom; 11/13/10 04:10 PM.
#227003 - 11/13/10 07:09 PM Re: Chewy [Re: Scarletts mom]  
FeatheredAngels Offline
Lives Here
FeatheredAngels  Offline
Lives Here

Originally Posted By: Scarletts mom

FA, I too was told (by my AV)to up Buffs sleeping hours to 14 since he is in LOVE mode! LOL! Also was told to limit preening to short intervals while in hormone season and no warm mashy foods, as it would be a sign of me regurgitating to HIM. Always a challenge! smile

Ditto! Ozzy is finally sleeping 13 hours, gonna try for 14, but I have noticed a huge difference in his demeanor during the day with the added rest. We also eliminated the oatmeal mash at night (this was incredibly hard for me to do lol), it has been our special time every night for the past couple of years now. It is also my favorite way to make sure that he is getting all the vegies he needs, he isn't fond of fresh greens at all. But we do still have birdie bread and the rice, bean and vegie mix. I have had to eliminate all contact or even vision with our daughter. She is the object of Ozzy's desire and even just seeing or hearing her, will set him off. Ahhh hormones arent they grand lol.

Deborah

#227045 - 11/16/10 01:58 AM Re: Chewy [Re: FeatheredAngels]  
Lucy's Mom Offline
Lives Here
Lucy's Mom  Offline
Lives Here

Parrish, FL
Hi all -

So glad for Chewy, Erin.

As a follow up to the hormone subject, I have been doing the 14 hours now for a week or more. I really *dare I say it?* HATE HORMONE season!!!!

This year it started for Lucy before I realized it and she had two eggs! I truly thought I had this fixed...figured out...eliminated...you know what I mean.

With Boo taking more of my time, the diet change and following all of the 'rules' I thought it was really working out well...but, again, I am reminded that I know very little...sigh..

So often it feels like too little - no pun intended.

Karen, Lucy (U2), BooBoo (CAG),Pina (BCC),Willie (Cockatiel),
Melody, Sonata, Penny & Dory(dogs)
#227055 - 11/16/10 04:33 PM Re: Chewy [Re: Lucy's Mom]  
FeatheredAngels Offline
Lives Here
FeatheredAngels  Offline
Lives Here

The only egg layer we have in our family is our little Tiel Lucy. This year I have been moving her cage every week and changing up toys daily. I know this is far easier to do with Tiels than Toos though, their cages are much smaller and easier to fit into different places. Still keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers though.

With Ozzy it is just a matter of keeping him away from our daughter. Just the sight of her, or hearing her voice sets him off. Normally he is so very gentle with me, but if I am between the two of them, he will fly at me and bite. Thank goodness I am a fast ducker lol. I have learned what the sound of those wings mean during this time of year crazy. We are very careful to keep him away from her at all times during this season. Fortunately she is busy with college, work and boyfriend so she is seldom home during his waking hours. She is careful to always phone before she comes home, this gives me time to move Ozzy out of the front rooms. Should their paths cross during the day, it only takes a few minutes for him to settle back down once she is out of sight or hearing range. I honestly just feel so sorry for him though. The object that he so desires can never be his. We also understand that during those moments, he is not responsible for his actions. Hormones are a beast lol.

Deborah

#227089 - 11/17/10 04:00 AM Re: Chewy [Re: FeatheredAngels]  
Chewy Offline
Lives Here
Chewy  Offline
Lives Here

Washington
ok Will shoot for 14 hrs. I don't know if he actually sleep s the whole time. he oves around quite a bit.SM so far he is scared of tghe new toys still..

Last edited by Chewy; 11/17/10 04:00 AM.

Chewy RB2
Lightning-parakeet
Zeus-zebra finch
RIP
Eli
little foot Cockatiels

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny