Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 28 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#223497 - 07/18/10 09:42 PM The Tiels enjoying some sun in the garden  
FeatheredAngels Offline
Lives Here
FeatheredAngels  Offline
Lives Here

Thought it was about time to post up some pics of my lovely lil ones.

The Safari Boys outside....from left to right Tweaks, George and Fred

Our darling Lucy Girl

Butterz refused to look at the camera hehe

We take them outside most everyday possible, they love being in the garden and having showers out there. We have to use smaller cages until we can get an aviary for them. They are little but each one has a unique and HUGE personality

Deborah
A Too is not a pet, it is a choice for life!

#223501 - 07/19/10 12:30 AM Re: The Tiels enjoying some sun in the garden [Re: FeatheredAngels]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
What a bunch of little cuties! Love the garden too!
Nancy

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#223503 - 07/19/10 01:41 AM Re: The Tiels enjoying some sun in the garden [Re: BE2Cassie]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
They are precious!

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#223508 - 07/19/10 04:38 AM Re: The Tiels enjoying some sun in the garden [Re: EchosMom]  
Java_One Offline
Java_One  Offline

Hawaii
Oh they are simply adorable!!! Love Miss Lucy!!

#223524 - 07/19/10 03:59 PM Re: The Tiels enjoying some sun in the garden [Re: Java_One]  
Beeps Offline
Beeps  Offline
Lives Here

They are so gorgeous! They are so lucky to have you!

#223528 - 07/19/10 06:54 PM Re: The Tiels enjoying some sun in the garden [Re: Beeps]  
FeatheredAngels Offline
Lives Here
FeatheredAngels  Offline
Lives Here

TYSM for the sweet compliments. They have just blossomed over the last year. Their little ragamuffin bodies have changed so much. I was truly afraid I would never be able to tell them all apart, but with time and attention it is easy to know instantly which is which. Even their whistles and calls are very distinctive. The Tiels are truly amazing (as are all birds of any size). Their personalities and antics never seize to amaze me.

I am so looking forward to having an aviary for them outside, they love being outside, and if they had room to fly as well, they would be in seventh heaven. We take them out most everyday, living in the midwest winters are long and cold. We want to give them all the sunshine we possibly can, before winter comes once again. So right now their out of cage time is limited to a couple of hours in the AM, and a couple of hours in the PM. It isnt optimal, but the best we can possibly do for them at the moment.

It is funny cause Ozzy acts like he is being punished when we take him outside in his cage. He doesnt mind so much if on his harness, but when we are gonna be working outside, he has to be in a cage. Ozzy thinks he is an inside bird hehe.

Deborah

#223530 - 07/19/10 07:22 PM Re: The Tiels enjoying some sun in the garden [Re: FeatheredAngels]  
Beeps Offline
Beeps  Offline
Lives Here

Originally Posted By: FeatheredAngels
I was truly afraid I would never be able to tell them all apart, but with time and attention it is easy to know instantly which is which. Even their whistles and calls are very distinctive.

Isn't that so true? When I first got my second caique, I was worried about telling them apart, but their personalities are so different I've never made a mistake.

I don't even think they look alike anymore, but people who have come by my house tell me I'm crazy as they are practically identical.

That will be so great for the tiels when you can get them an aviary!

#223650 - 07/23/10 03:01 AM Re: The Tiels enjoying some sun in the garden [Re: Beeps]  
bellesmom Offline
Lives Here
bellesmom  Offline
Lives Here

They are so cute! They look like they really like it outside too. The purple flowers are beautiful, what are they? Your babies are precious!

#223661 - 07/23/10 08:39 PM Re: The Tiels enjoying some sun in the garden [Re: bellesmom]  
Rukesmom Offline
Lives Here
Rukesmom  Offline
Lives Here

Maine
I love them~ those pictures just brought the biggest smile of the day to my face; thanks for sharing!!!
People have a hard time telling my 2 U2's apart which I think is crazy~ they hardly look alike other than being big, white feathered girls :-)

Flock is Nina (U2), Tootsie (U2), Baby (LSC), Ruke (TAG),& Birdie (T2),
#223664 - 07/23/10 09:27 PM Re: The Tiels enjoying some sun in the garden [Re: Rukesmom]  
Lucy's Mom Offline
Lives Here
Lucy's Mom  Offline
Lives Here

Parrish, FL
I love your tiels (and your garden, too!) I was partial to Miss Lucy as well smile

Karen, Lucy (U2), BooBoo (CAG),Pina (BCC),Willie (Cockatiel),
Melody, Sonata, Penny & Dory(dogs)
#223666 - 07/23/10 10:03 PM Re: The Tiels enjoying some sun in the garden [Re: Lucy's Mom]  
FeatheredAngels Offline
Lives Here
FeatheredAngels  Offline
Lives Here

TY all for the compliments on the lil feathered angels and the garden grin. I absolutely love being outside and working with plants, so we are out there every chance we can be! I believe that being outside is like therapy for the soul, and our gardens show the love that is inside our home. As for what type of flowers those are...totally unsure crazy. I buy seeds occasionally, my daughter always gets me plants and gardening things for Mothers Day, but to be honest I mainly get starts from neighbors, and just throw them out there to see what they can do lol. The only ones I truly know what they are....are the vegies, the lilies and the hostas. Other than that....they are just pretty things I thought would look nice in our yard. I am much more careful about the plants that I have inside, and always make sure they are birdie safe grin

All our babies are favorites, but yeah lil Miss Lucy is a special little girl. She is so sweet and quiet, she never fusses and has all those rowdy safari boys to tend with lol. She doesnt like to be held, but will allow it for transporting. She does however love to be talked to softly. As you can see she comes up very close. She doesnt mind hands around her at all, as long as you move slowly. I take every chance I can get to give her special one on one attention. They boys are content to go off carousing on their own most of the time.

Fred still enjoys his special one on one attention first thing in the mornings. George is another special one that really wants a ton of attention, and gets rather hateful with the other Tiels if they get between me and him lol. Butterz really prefers to be left alone with Lucy, he adores her and will throw a fit if separated even by a few feet. He does enjoy a good session of whistling with us, and is very good at picking up tunes, but prefers no contact at all if possible. The only time he will readily step up, is if he needs transportation back to Lucy lol.

I must admit though that Tweaks is my special lil guy. He doesnt have a bonded buddy, and I feel so sorry for him. While he is with the others always, he is always the odd guy out. He was a plucker and had a very nervous twitch when he first arrived. All of that has stopped now, and I am sure it is due to proper feeding, sunlight, bathing.out of cage exercising, and toys to keep him entertained. Even though he is doing so much better, I see him trying so hard to be part of the flock, but always ending up kinda alone. So he does get a great deal of attention from us.

They are all my angels though, and feel very blessed to be allowed to care for them.

Deborah

#223730 - 07/26/10 10:22 AM Re: The Tiels enjoying some sun in the garden [Re: FeatheredAngels]  
Freebird1969 Offline
Freebird1969  Offline

Surrey, UK
Lovely pics, it's so nice to see birds enjoying the outside :o)

Owed by, Suki (MSC), Coco (Citron), Oliver (U2)& lots of little ones
http://www.parrotcare.org.uk/
#223751 - 07/27/10 08:07 AM Re: The Tiels enjoying some sun in the garden [Re: Freebird1969]  
Cidsa Offline
Cidsa  Offline

Alberta, Canada
Beautiful tiels smile
Lucy looks a lot like a cockatiel we had when I was a kid, she was a beautiful bird.

It sounds like they are all doing great, they must be a lot of fun!

#223784 - 07/28/10 04:35 AM Re: The Tiels enjoying some sun in the garden [Re: Cidsa]  
Winter's mom Offline
Lives Here
Winter's mom  Offline
Lives Here

they're all just beautiful!

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny