Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 22 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#213801 - 12/18/09 12:00 PM your most memorable moments in rescue?  
wishfull Offline
Lives Here
wishfull  Offline
Lives Here

england uk
I have many, but one which has always stuck in my mind particularly was concerning my first ever rescue, a tiny budgie called Snowy. She had been taken from a rather unpleasant drug addict who found it hilarious to hurl her little cage round the room while she was trapped inside it, and to thump it to terrorise her. Snowy was a very, very nervous little thing with naturally no trust in humans at all. One day, about 3 years down the line, I went to touch her and she let me! I tickled her cheek, stroked her tiny back, rubbed under her wing and she loved it. After that, she was never willingly touched again, and still isnt, but just knowing that for a minute or so, she allowed and actually enjoyed human touch has always stayed with me. She is getting old now, but still is Godess and rules her flockmates in the aviary smile

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
#213931 - 12/20/09 09:41 PM Re: your most memorable moments in rescue? [Re: wishfull]  
ParrotPerson Offline
ParrotPerson  Offline

UT, USA
Unfortunately it's the not-so-nice ones that stick with me the most. Just had one happen yesterday which will haunt me for a good long while.

The problem with the good ones I have are that the majority involve a lot of birds I no longer work with and am banned from ever seeing again (I left on very bad terms over philosophies with the last sanctuary I was with). I'd rather not talk about them but at least I do know there were some positive ones over the years smile

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated"

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny