Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 28 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#213458 - 12/12/09 08:23 AM Hudini  
Jackielu Offline
Jackielu  Offline

Tulsa, Oklahoma
It's been months since I've been on Mytoos. With 2 new grandbabies (both with complications)It's been a rough semester and Paco hasn't been able to get out as much as he was used to.

A couple of weeks ago I came home and found him sitting on top of his small travel cage. He had chewed up several items including my tv remote. I saw that he excaped through the extra food door that didn't have a dish in it.

So I started locking the extra door any time the dish wasn't in it.

A few day later I came home and found him on top of his big cage. He had figured out how to open the door with the food dish in it. That's right, the ceramic food dish was shattered on the floor beside the cage.

I had to lock him in the big travel cage until I could get to the store to buy enough pad locks to lock all 4 doors.

This bird is just WAAAAAYYYY 'too smart.

#213547 - 12/14/09 04:14 AM Re: Hudini [Re: Jackielu]  
rottieman Offline
rottieman  Offline

Ca, United States
Our little girl will do the same if the lock is off. She opens the door. Slides the dish out and the crawls out behind the dish. Its very upsetting when I forget to repad lock them. Its like a game to her now. If the lock is off she runs over to sneek out.

"If you don't like it change it if you can't change it change the way you think about it"Auth unkwn
#213552 - 12/14/09 06:32 AM Re: Hudini [Re: rottieman]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Welcome to my world - LOL! My birds aren't alone for long often, but even a quick trip to the grocery or bank means padlocks for some. I'm glad that nothing dreadful happened during Paco's unsupervised adventures.

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#213568 - 12/14/09 04:48 PM Re: Hudini [Re: EchosMom]  
Jackielu Offline
Jackielu  Offline

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Thanks EchosMom,

I was so freaked out when I came home & found him out. Both times I had come home from dealing with medical emergencies with my daughter and it was after 1:00 AM. The thought of what could have happened was so upsetting that I couldn't even calm down enough to go to bed.

Since I posted the hudini remark, he has broken yet another food dish, I called myself locking it in and I was only a few feet away, when I heard it crash. The way I "locked" it wasn't effective. Now I need to buy new dishes. frown

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny