Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 14 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#211773 - 11/06/09 02:27 PM Talking toys  
Pete789 Offline
Pete789  Offline

Cairns, Australia
I have bought Penny(my sulpher crested)many toys but by far her favourite is the talking toy it has 4 buttons that each say something - It is the most loved toy i have ever bought her. I have to put it away at night so we can sleep. All we can hear all day is 'I love you' over and over. she doesn't like any other recording. She only pushes the one button
Penny also goes ape over my electric drill - whenever she sees it she gets excited and trys to play with it. I think her previous owner used a drill because she seemed to associate it with her owner,is totally fearless of it and knows that the drill means new perches and so comes quickly down to supervise her new house furniture (when in fact my wife determines her perches etc)I have to move Penny away from the drill so she won't get hurt - she'll try and chew it.
Lastly she loves the vacum cleaner - she gets off the cage and attacks the nozzle- running all over the lounge room chasing the vacum cleaner just like she loves to chase my wife around nibbling her toes (she gets a real kick out of that - she even laughs at it)
Arn't they so beautiful and eccentric?
What are your birds favourite toys or games??

Peter Penny and Izzy

Last edited by Pete789; 11/06/09 02:42 PM.
#211778 - 11/06/09 03:13 PM Re: Talking toys [Re: Pete789]  
Rukesmom Offline
Lives Here
Rukesmom  Offline
Lives Here

Maine
Ruke has a real love of whatever I am interested in, such as newspapers, magazines, mail, pens and paper (yes, I am VERY careful), etc.
I must say I have no vacuum cleaner fans though. Penny is a brave soul ;-)
Baby Girl baby lives for the blowdryer after her baths; she would be a diva if human!
Tania

Flock is Nina (U2), Tootsie (U2), Baby (LSC), Ruke (TAG),& Birdie (T2),
#211785 - 11/06/09 04:52 PM Re: Talking toys [Re: Rukesmom]  
jamienlarry Offline
jamienlarry  Offline

Portland, OR
My girl Tootsie adores the vacuum. She doesn't attack it, but it seems to calm her -- she talks to me sweetly and usually goes to eat. So weird.

Jamie, Tootsie's mom
#211789 - 11/06/09 06:51 PM Re: Talking toys [Re: jamienlarry]  
FeatheredAngels Offline
Lives Here
FeatheredAngels  Offline
Lives Here

Ozzy loves to see the tools come out, he knows that something is getting made for him....but of course lol. He watches intently and would love to be able to use those tools himself lol.

The vacuum is a source of excitement for him, and he laughs and displays when it is running.

Ozzy loves toys that are shapes that he must put into the proper fitting holes. He will play with those for hours. He also loves large beads that are strung on hemp rope, he will undo the knots and then take the beads off. Once they are all off he then carefully starts putting them back on the hemp rope, again he can spend a great deal of time doing this. We have blocks of wood that we have drilled and place SS bolts and wing nuts on. He will take them all off and then work to put them all back again. We are actually making him a workbench now, with all sorts of items for him to remove and then place back in the proper fitted holes. We should have named him Builder Bob lol.

He isnt much of a chewer, he prefers figuring out how things fit together and then doing it himself. Just shows the intelligence level in these magnificent creatures yet again.

Deborah
A Too is not a pet, it is a choice for life!

#211793 - 11/06/09 08:27 PM Re: Talking toys [Re: FeatheredAngels]  
Ladyhutch Offline
Lives Here
Ladyhutch  Offline
Lives Here

Oregon
Our Sydnee loves talking and singing toys with lights that flash. She also loves the vaccum. She wants to feel the rush of air into the nozzle. As far as toys to take apart and put back together, Syd thinks they are great too.
Charley on the other hand loves stuffed toys and baby rattles and wood to chew. The stuffed toys last for months until he gets upset with us. This usually happens when we need to be away from home for too long of a time to suit him. He seems to seek and destroy all other toys. He has no interest in toys with any action.

Sharon

You have two choices: accept things the way they are, or have courage to change them. J Kanani

#212892 - 11/29/09 04:18 AM Re: Talking toys [Re: Ladyhutch]  
Lena Da Llama Offline
Lena Da Llama  Offline

My Rudy loves toys with lights and sounds also. I get them from wal-mart and/or thrift stores. "Activity centers" are his most favorite. Use alot of the baby "links" also to hang up his toys. He loves to chew them up! This is probably already been posted.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny