Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 19 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#177254 - 09/09/08 03:27 PM LUMP REMOVAL  
Sue&Katie Offline
Sue&Katie  Offline

MN
It has been a while since I've been here. Katie(M2) and I are still doing okay. Hard to believe 3 yrs have gone by already. She is still a mutilator. We're still learning, I think we will always be learning, but we are interacting much better. I was wondering if any one has done it in the past or thinks it would help to remove the large lump of scar tissue on her chest. It is probably the size of a quarter and sticks out a good half and inch. If I keep a cloth cover-up on her with her collar she doesn't mess with it as much, but it is more difficult to give her frequent baths. If it was on me it would probably drive me crazy. She can still irritate it even with the collar on by jabbing at it. It is just one of those clear elizabethan collars.
I had left a message for the vet quite some time ago without getting a reply, although I would really like to find a different vet. But I have been curious. I would think you would still get some scar tissue back with surgery, but maybe it wouldn't bother her as much, or maybe that giant lump is painful, I don't know. It's been on my mind a lot lately and just wondering what I should do if anything. How risky would that type of surgery be, and how difficult of a recovery?

#177337 - 09/09/08 08:21 PM Re: LUMP REMOVAL [Re: Sue&Katie]  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
Well IMHO...any surgery has or carries a deal of risk.Unless it is absolutely necessary I would not risk anything.

I would phone the AV back again and persistence will win over.You may think you are being a pest but it shows them how much you really care.Really I am not kidding.When I first started out with my AV I thought I was being the biggest P I T A she ever met...wrong.She was quite impressed that I would ask and be so persistant because it showed her I really did care and want the very best.

There are times I have had to sit and think ...okay if we don't do this the outcomes are pretty grim.If I do follow through with that there is this chance. So sitting back and weighing out the risks and quality of life is benificial at times but you have to really think of everything involved and I think the only way to get these kinds of answers is by getting in touch with an AV you can trust and talk too about this.They will help you through these difficult decisions.

Good Luck.Let us know how you make out!

Jan

Sometimes damaged goods are the best gifts the world has to offer

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny