Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 28 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#171255 - 07/26/08 01:26 AM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: EchosMom]  
Donnalee Offline
Lives Here
Donnalee  Offline
Lives Here

Saskatchewan, Canada
Sunny2 we are ALL smarter than to jump on a band wagon or jump to conclusions here. We don`t support ANY breeders or breeding here. You wouldn`t like to live in a cage even if your breeder knew where you were. SMELL THE COFFEE!

Donna
Free as a bird???
#171264 - 07/26/08 03:35 AM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: Charlie]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
And that link Charlie, while it still exists has now been removed from their homepage where it was this morning.

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#171342 - 07/26/08 08:14 PM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: EchosMom]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Three new articles are on the homepage. www.madmacaws.net

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

#171350 - 07/26/08 08:47 PM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: Sunny2]  
alexz Offline
alexz  Offline

Southern California
Sunny2

It seems that being a rescue/sanctuary promoting or even condoning breeding would be a position diametrically opposed to their whole purpose. Hypocrital is another term that comes to mind....unless their purpose is to continue the need of the BUSINESS of rescue/sanctuary (which, then, has nothing to do with the welfare of the animals in their care).

While TGF may have begun with an honorable intent; the reality is they are now a business entity, and a very sophisticated one at that. Bottom line is it's all about profit.

#171547 - 07/28/08 03:44 AM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: alexz]  
Charlie Offline
Admin
Charlie  Offline

Admin
Chained to the Computer

Covington, LA USA
I just came into possession of an e-mail list by Julie Murad of the Gabriel Foundation. It purports to be a list of the 31 Macaws listed by "name, age, commonly known species name asd estimated value"! Now, the estimated values are not printed in this copy but WHAT HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH THESE BIRDS BEING CARED FOR BY A RESCUE/SANCTUARY?

The Crosswhites can't add. They say there should have been 35 Macaws and that two are missing. 35-2=33?

The Gabriel Foundation website is still not responding. The hole just gets bigger! crazy

List of Macaws

#171548 - 07/28/08 03:48 AM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: Charlie]  
spinnyspoo Offline
Lives Here
spinnyspoo  Offline
Lives Here

Western Canada
This is very discouraging.

Wanna Bill? Wanna Bill?
-No Bill, I'm busy-
Dontcha wanna Bill? Dontcha wanna good boy?
#171568 - 07/28/08 06:10 AM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: Charlie]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
WOW!! The Crosswhite's contend that the birds were all ex-breeders that had been purchased as a group in 1995 and that some of birds had hatched young while in their care. According to this list, 21 of the birds are under the age of 13. So nearly 70% of the existing flock was hatched since owned by the Crosswhites. And that may just be the percentage of those that they kept.

#171573 - 07/28/08 08:42 AM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: EchosMom]  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
I am heartbroken by Cookie and Andrew's story.I could not stop crying after watching the video.

The more I read about all of this the more furious and disgusted I get.

Jan

Sometimes damaged goods are the best gifts the world has to offer
#171587 - 07/28/08 04:07 PM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: Janny]  
Bokka-pooh Offline
Lives Here
Bokka-pooh  Offline
Lives Here

WA, USA
I just read about Cookie. Awwww :(:(:(:(

I think we all need to write to someone, or make a big outcry about Birds being "property"!!!!

They diserve RIGHTS like cats and dogs do!!!!!!

Mercedez

#171588 - 07/28/08 04:16 PM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: Bokka-pooh]  
Rukesmom Offline
Lives Here
Rukesmom  Offline
Lives Here

Maine
Has anyone fowrded these along to their local news agencies? If we all did, perhaps the coverage would make some sort of difference... God help these birdies....

Flock is Nina (U2), Tootsie (U2), Baby (LSC), Ruke (TAG),& Birdie (T2),
#171589 - 07/28/08 04:20 PM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: Janny]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Speaking of Andrew...

As is very obvious from his words and the video, Andrew loved Cookie very much and the two of them had formed a bond. Andrew just couldn't bear to give her up and contacted the Commonwealth Attorney and asked if there was anything in the court proceedings that prevented him from making the Crosswhite's an offer to buy Cookie. The CA told him it was fine with the them so Andrew contacted the Crosswhite's attorney and made an offer of $1,000.00.

Now I want to remind everyone that Andrew knew very well that he was "bargaining with the devil" but because of his love and attachment for Cookie, he was willing to go against his own principals to prevent her from going to the facility in Florida.

The Crosswhite's did not deny Andrew's offer. They counter-offered for $1300. SO MUCH FOR THE "LOVE AND CARE" THE DEFENDANTS CLAIM TO HAVE FOR THEIR BIRDS! I love my birds and I wouldn't sell them for any amount of money - would you sell yours?

Andrew did not agree to the $1300 and stopped negotiations. He had already bargained with the devil, but he wasn't willing to do it on the devil's terms.

When I wrote Andrew and asked for his permisison to share his story he wrote,
Quote:
The least I could do is let the information out, it may not help Cookie right now, but who knows? If I thought that I could get her back, I would leave for Florida right now.

#171598 - 07/28/08 06:08 PM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: EchosMom]  
spinnyspoo Offline
Lives Here
spinnyspoo  Offline
Lives Here

Western Canada
from bad to worse...

Wanna Bill? Wanna Bill?
-No Bill, I'm busy-
Dontcha wanna Bill? Dontcha wanna good boy?
#171605 - 07/28/08 07:02 PM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: spinnyspoo]  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
Is that ever the truth...

Quote:
from bad to worse...

Jan

Sometimes damaged goods are the best gifts the world has to offer
#171615 - 07/28/08 09:05 PM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: Janny]  
rockinseattle Offline
Lives Here
rockinseattle  Offline
Lives Here

I understand the guys frustration and wanting cookie back BUT had they taken him up on his offer then that would have put them $1000.00 closer to what they need to pay and/or they could have bought more birds with that money. THOSE PEOPLE DON'T NEED ANY HELP GETTING MORE BIRDS cuz I think they did enough damage already.

#171616 - 07/28/08 09:08 PM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: rockinseattle]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
I doubt that anyone here disagrees w/your Rockin and the reason that I shared this was to illustrate that for the abusers, it IS all about $.

Last edited by EchosMom; 07/28/08 09:09 PM.

#171617 - 07/28/08 09:10 PM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: EchosMom]  
rockinseattle Offline
Lives Here
rockinseattle  Offline
Lives Here

I know you wanted to point out that the people could give a care less about their birds I just wanted to put what I said out there so no one gets any ideas.

#171628 - 07/28/08 10:43 PM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: rockinseattle]  
Rukesmom Offline
Lives Here
Rukesmom  Offline
Lives Here

Maine
Following is the update I just received from the gabriel foundation (hope it is OK to share...

"Everyone who has expressed an interest and concern about the 31 VA macaws will be relieved to know that ALL of the macaws safely arrived in FL today. They arrived mid-morning and their brand new aviaries awaited them. They had food still remaining in the crates in their food dishes and the crates were only moderately soiled with fresh droppings upon arrival. According to the veterinarian and TGF team on site, the birds appeared to make the transition without incident. Each of the pairs were set up together so that friends could remain with friends.

Our team in FL was on hand to meet the birds, photo their arrival, and upon transferring them from crates to aviaries, each bird's oral cavity was swabbed for additional c&s testing. Dr. Hillary Cook had faxed us copies of the birds' recent lab test results that were provided to our veterinarian in FL. We are awaiting additional information concerning these birds to add further insight about their present state of health.

These birds are now settled in and appear to be acclimatizing to their new surroundings. Many of the birds were observed to be preening each other and grooming themselves after the journey. Their appetites appear good, and our veterinarian said that even those birds with scissor-beaks appeared to be able to eat well. Files are in the process of being assembled from paperwork sent to us from various veterinarians and other sources about each of the birds to create as accurate a medical and social history as possible. Once our veterinarian has had the opportunity to thoroughly review all records, have additional onsite observation time with the flock, and evaluate their activity level, she will determine what additional testing or treatments are necessary immediately and for the long run. We have scheduled an enrichment day for them this coming week to add pandanas nuts, fresh palm branches, FL pine branches and wild sea grape browse to their aviaries. We are working with several folks to provide foraging materials for this flock so that their days will continue to be rich and full as they have been for the past several weeks.

We'll be providing updates on our website about this flock since so many of you contacted TGF to wish the birds a better future. From the hundreds and hundreds of emails we've received it seems that this particular flock has generated many emotions and we want to thank you all for the many positive comments, passing on their stories to your friends and your well wishes for the flock's continued improvement.

From the Virginia macaw flock: Pretty-bird & Lisa, PB Jr and LisaLisa, William & Janet, Manuel & Natasha, Thunder & Attitude-child, Buddy & Blue, Sam & Sunshine, Mannie, Nattie, Shem & Rocky, Charley & PicoSwerto, Rainbow, Buddy, Max and Polly, Patrick & Charlene, Beegee, Boogie, and Bodie, and the Twins. "

What do we do to help now????
Tania

#171632 - 07/28/08 10:48 PM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: Rukesmom]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Rukesmom, the update from TGF has already been posted here on the 26th...

http://www.mytoos.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=164764&fpart=8 wink

Last edited by EchosMom; 07/28/08 10:49 PM.

#171633 - 07/28/08 10:51 PM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: EchosMom]  
Rukesmom Offline
Lives Here
Rukesmom  Offline
Lives Here

Maine
Thanks for pointing that out- clearly I missed it. I just opened that email account today. I did ask if anyone had thoughts on how to make a difference- will read back and see if that was already discussed on the 26th. if not, any thoughts? By the way, are you Echo's Haven?

#171636 - 07/28/08 10:54 PM Re: From Hell to.............. Hell! [Re: Rukesmom]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
It can get confusing when we have 2 separate threads going. No, I'm not Echo's Haven...my M2's name is Echo. She was my first cockatoo and when I found this site, oh about 6 yrs ago, EchosMom just seemed appropriate and it stuck. smile

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny