Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 50 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#164275 - 05/09/08 01:15 PM Legitamate work at home jobs??  
mandymmr Offline
Lives Here
mandymmr  Offline
Lives Here

INDIANA
I am very interested in a work at home job, but there are so many scams out there. Anyone on here work through one that you could refer me too? Just looking for extra cash! This way I get to be home with everyone also!
With the economy in the "drain" my hubby is a carpenter and you never know in the construction trade if you will have another job after this one is finished. Not to mention he is currently working 3 hour away 1 way from home so that includes gas money and room and board. His monthly credit card bills are very scary! eek
Just want some insurance if you understand. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Humans are the only animals that are mean on purpose
#164354 - 05/10/08 01:41 AM Re: Legitamate work at home jobs?? [Re: mandymmr]  
jenscritters Offline
jenscritters  Offline

Texas
I keep thinking about making bird toys and playstands and selling them on ebay or other sites. It would take some money to buy parts initially and how much you make depends on the market and how much time you actually spend making toys. You should be able to start up for under $200. If the first toys you make sell, you use the money to buy more parts and keep on going. If it really works out well, you can branch out to selling in different places.

Other than starting your own business, the only work at home job I know of that's legit is medical transcription. It takes a few years to get to that point though. You have to go to school for it first. After that you have to get a job with a company that has transcribers working at home. You usually have to work there for a year or two before they will let you work from home. Some companies let you start off at home right away, but not many.

You could be a sales consultant for one of the companies that does home parties. There are house ware type parties, candle parties and adult item parties. My friend just started selling adult items. She's having a great time. It's a fun, educational party for women only, not sleazy. I've known people that did well selling candles and housewares too. For some of them, there is no money up front.

#164421 - 05/11/08 12:39 AM Re: Legitamate work at home jobs?? [Re: jenscritters]  
precioustoos Offline
precioustoos  Offline

Salina, Kansas
Are there any call centers in your area? I have worked for a call center for over 6 years. We have a special program that we call "home remote". Essentially, after working for a few months and proving that you can do the job, you would be given a computer, a phone, and a little extra training, then you work from your home. I know we aren't the only company that does this. While the work isn't the most stimulating in the world, the benefits offered are extremely good and it lets me spend a lot of extra time with my babies.

A bird is like a child to love, nurture, and care for. . . but they never grow up and move away.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny