Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 20 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#156426 - 03/02/08 04:22 PM CAG stopped talking  
hhanse57 Offline
hhanse57  Offline

IL
Woman called me yesterday to ask about her CAG which has stopped talking. Normally the bird is a chatterbox. They had a vet come to their house a 1-2 months ago and he suggested they change him to pellets, which she said he has accepted. They noticed not long after changing food (even though he's eatting) that he's stopped talking. I said the stress of the nail trimming and food change could be the cause but it's odd since he's accepted the food change. He also gets fresh fruits/veggies in the morning. Any other ideas?

#156432 - 03/02/08 06:18 PM Re: CAG stopped talking [Re: hhanse57]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
mom2beebop
Unregistered

Is something else different that has nothing to do with the pellets or vet? Has the cage been moved? New furniture/ new bird? Has ALL talking and noise making stopped completley? Once I moved my CAG into the office and out of my bird room, he turned into a big time chatter box agian. His non talking stopped so slowly and so many other things have been going on that I just didnt notice how much he wasnt talking. I think just because he is eating the pellets doesnt mean he is accepting them, I think it means he is hungry.

#156435 - 03/02/08 06:37 PM Re: CAG stopped talking [Re: ]  
hhanse57 Offline
hhanse57  Offline

IL
I asked her about anything else different and she said no. I think I have to agree with you. I suggested maybe she give the bird just a little seed back with the pellets and see if that made any difference.

#156439 - 03/02/08 06:57 PM Re: CAG stopped talking [Re: hhanse57]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
mom2beebop
Unregistered

Im willing to bet it does!Also when Mom and I clip Beebops wings, it takes him a bit to get over it.

#156442 - 03/02/08 07:19 PM Re: CAG stopped talking [Re: ]  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
What I have found with the grays is they hold a grudge for a long time.I am not kidding.All it takes is one little thing like getting them to step up when they don't want to or cleaning the cage in front of them and they are mad.Our gray does the same if he is mad...he won't talk to us or if he does it is all profanity. blush He didn't learn the words from us though.

Jan

Sometimes damaged goods are the best gifts the world has to offer
#156444 - 03/02/08 07:23 PM Re: CAG stopped talking [Re: Janny]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
mom2beebop
Unregistered

We live the same life sometimes Janny!! I thought I was a fantastic grudge holder.....then I experianced what a real grudge is...Beebop is very very good at it!

Originally Posted By: Janny
What I have found with the grays is they hold a grudge for a long time.I am not kidding.All it takes is one little thing like getting them to step up when they don't want to or cleaning the cage in front of them and they are mad.Our gray does the same if he is mad...he won't talk to us or if he does it is all profanity. blush He didn't learn the words from us though.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny