Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 69 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#148422 - 12/26/07 09:16 PM bird carrier  
ALI_G Offline
ALI_G  Offline

NORTH CAROLINA
i need something to serve as a carrier for simon. i bought him a medium sized dog carrier. it's very thick plastic material with a wire door. he has used it only twice. once to see the vet and i put him in it one time while i washed down his cage (he was out but went in one of his "moods" so i put him in there for safety reasons.lol) well i was almost done with his cage so he was only in there maybe 20 min. he chewed out. giant hole on the side. he kept poking his head out laughing about it. little bugger. but he does need some type of carrier. i figured you guys would have suggestions.

She wasn't refined or unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.

#148434 - 12/26/07 10:40 PM Re: bird carrier [Re: ALI_G]  
Charlie Offline
Admin
Charlie  Offline

Admin
Chained to the Computer

Covington, LA USA
We use THIS ONE. It is cheap and is still in good shape after eight years.

Be aware that you may have to disable the collapsible feature as they can figure ir out very quickly! shocked You can find this "Bird Motel" at many outlets, not just this store.

#148438 - 12/26/07 10:50 PM Re: bird carrier [Re: Charlie]  
ALI_G Offline
ALI_G  Offline

NORTH CAROLINA
oh that looks perfect. are the bars large enough that he cant just snap them in to ? this is my worry. but this looks like it would be good for short trips or a day at the office as well. you probably know better being you actually own one.is it actually big enough for him to move about a little. i think that could be why he chewed out of his carrier. (i know i should read the deminsions but i'm not very good with #s.lol.)

She wasn't refined or unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.

#148439 - 12/26/07 11:04 PM Re: bird carrier [Re: ALI_G]  
Charlie Offline
Admin
Charlie  Offline

Admin
Chained to the Computer

Covington, LA USA
Well, it's a travel cage and a lot depends on your particular bird. We have a Greater Sulphur-crest and she has been very easy on hers. We use it often and she sleeps in it when we stay in motels. Usually when they are in it, you will be very close and can provide a distraction for them. On trips, I strap her in the passenger seat, disable the passenger air bag and we talk back and forth almost constantly. It works for us.

Baby on a trip.

#148445 - 12/26/07 11:49 PM Re: bird carrier [Re: Charlie]  
ALI_G Offline
ALI_G  Offline

NORTH CAROLINA
awww. that is sooo cute. i think i will try that one. for that price it's worth a try.

#148679 - 12/28/07 06:38 PM Re: bird carrier [Re: ALI_G]  
gizzytoo Offline
gizzytoo  Offline

Wyoming
Nice hat Charlie, even has the Ramada Logo on it. Charlie, did you see the post in Cages column that gal was looking at similiar to this on ebay. But it looked like a mammal cage w/thin diameter bars that might flex enough to let her birds head get stuck. Might reccommend this one to her. Wishful replied that she had a situation w/a friend's Too got its head stuck in one like the mammal cage & took a long time to get him unstuck.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny