Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 38 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#90470 - 09/08/05 09:56 PM OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Laura-Leigh Offline
Laura-Leigh  Offline

Brighton, Ontario
Man oh Man.... I cannot say I know what a Too bite feels like, I have not yet been bit by one, I was bit by a Grey ( not Kenny, he has never bit me though he will bite my hubby for fun.. ) hard enough to draw blood... However, the Alex thatís here for a bit ( Poem Bird ) for those of you that read that thread, has been hand shy all along, and I have been very careful, as long as I move slow and present her with the whole hand, made into a fist she will hop on and usually not bite, but only if you go very, very slow, but if I forget and present a finger she goes for the bite... So far I have avoided it, but today I was distracted and she got me, MAN I will never underestimate a Parakeet..... OUCHHHHHHHHHHH did that hurt, she did not break the skin but even now, hours later the skin is red, and it stings....

I guess I have been christened by the Parakeet ..... LOL

On a serious note, she is SOOOO hand shy for a hand raised bird, I have never dealt with anything quite like her, you can kiss her beak and approach her with anything, but NO HANDS!! she hates hands, and esp. fingers... I am just taking it slow and easy..... Any advice???

#90471 - 09/08/05 10:37 PM Re: OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
nanis mom Offline
nanis mom  Offline

NJ
Sorry to hear about the bite...it does happen! Our cherry head conure is hand shy too....We just use the arm, kisses, perch...anything but fingers and hands!

#90472 - 09/08/05 10:54 PM Re: OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Elliott Offline
Lives Here
Elliott  Offline
Lives Here

Tennessee
I think the most painful bite that I have gotten was from the Teils or Keets. Now the Toos have left more scars but the little guys bites hurt for days. About a month age Coowee the conure took a chunk out of my cheek. It hurt for about 2 days but left no scar after healing. I have been bit so much on the sides of my fingers and back of my hands there isn't much feeling there anymore.

#90473 - 09/25/05 09:10 PM Re: OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
TwitchyB Offline
TwitchyB  Offline

California
Yes, budgie bites can be very painful. My Hooby (handfed parakeet) is the fiestiest little girl I have ever met! She seems to hate her reflection, and will get filed up and ditzy, attacking everything when she sees herself. Including me. I've been bitten quite a few times by her, but I've gotten so used to it now I barely notice it anymore. I honestly think after all the millions of times I've been bitten I'm sort of numb to it now. What helps is cupping my hand over her back and kissing her beak gently and talking gently to her to calm her down.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny