Mytoos

Osprey and Heron Photographs

Posted By: Halo's human

Osprey and Heron Photographs - 11/15/07 08:08 AM

A friend of mine does some photography on the side. He has recently showed these to me. They are magnificent.

Osprey
Osprey cleansing talons
guarding nest with prey
Blue Heron landing Look at those legs

Posted By: spinnyspoo

Re: Osprey and Heron Photographs - 11/15/07 09:42 AM

Those are some incredible photos. Thanks so much for sharing them. I love herons. We've got them all over the place here too. They are a study in patience and grace.
Posted By: BE2Cassie

Re: Osprey and Heron Photographs - 11/15/07 11:35 AM

Fantastic pics! Wish I could catch photos like that. We have osprey and herons on our lake through out the warmer months. I love sitting watching them. The osprey are amazing divers.
Nancy
Posted By: Rocky From Oz

Re: Osprey and Heron Photographs - 11/15/07 01:27 PM

Beautiful shots. Your friend certainly has a talent. I peeked at the rest of his album and especially loved the one of the snow over the water. I can only aspire to be as good - need a better lens on the Nikon I think.

Mrs Max & Rocky (the photogenic!)
Posted By: Halo's human

Re: Osprey and Heron Photographs - 11/15/07 03:43 PM

I'm glad you all liked them, I know I did!
Posted By: rockinseattle

Re: Osprey and Heron Photographs - 11/15/07 06:53 PM

What awesome pics your friend takes:}
Posted By: wendystevie

Re: Osprey and Heron Photographs - 11/16/07 01:28 AM

mint pictures
Posted By: jm47

Re: Osprey and Heron Photographs - 11/19/07 04:15 AM

Years ago, when we lived in PA, I would see lots of herons, but they never stayed around long enough for me to photograph them.

Imagine my surprise when we found one near where we moved in Skull Valley, AZ! He fished the Skull River, and occasionally visited the pond where Matthew worked, checking out the koi and the frogs. frown
© 2018 Real Cockatoo Facts!