Mytoos

What can I do to help him get better quicker?

Posted By: Roka

What can I do to help him get better quicker? - 11/08/06 05:09 PM

Roka saw the vet yesterday as he has been fluffed up, dopey, occasionally shaking and his voice sounds different . He was given a multivitamin shot and also a broad spectrum long acting antibiotic shot yesterday. The vet thinks he has lost muscle mass from his flight muscles as well.

I've been told to keep him warm and make sure the air is moist. Is there anything else I can do to help him get better quicker?

Thanks for your help
Posted By: Casper MSC

Re: What can I do to help him get better quicker? - 11/08/06 05:19 PM

IMHO you should be asking your vet this question. I am not saying you won't get very good advice here but your vet has actually seen your bird. He should be able to give you better advice because he has actually laid hands and eyes on Roka.

On rereading, this answer may sound a little snotty but it is not meant that way.

Sherrel
Posted By: Roka

Re: What can I do to help him get better quicker? - 11/08/06 05:56 PM

I asked the vet yesterday and he said keep him warm and the air moist. I was wondering if there was any other ideas as there is such a wealth of knowledge here and we are a bit behind with avian care in the UK.
Posted By: jm47

Re: What can I do to help him get better quicker? - 11/08/06 07:51 PM

Roka is a living creature. He can heal, but it won't be instant, like replacing a part on an automobile. Sad, but true. Sorry. Try to take a few deep breaths and relax. smile
© 2018 Real Cockatoo Facts!