Mytoos

Difference in formulations of Harrison's bird food

Posted By: SariStar85

Difference in formulations of Harrison's bird food - 12/15/14 10:03 PM

Emma, my G2, enjoys eating her pellets as a mash, and I find that she eats much more of it this way as well. I don't mind preparing it for her this way as I give her fresh veggies/fruit twice a day anyway.

Here's the question. Thus far, I have been taking the Harrison's High Potency coarse blend and hammering it to make it more fine and able to mix with some hot water into a mash consistency. I have noted that Harrison's has several smaller formulations of the high potency, including a fine, super fine, and mash. I was looking at the nutritional analysis for each and the breakdown is as follows:

Crude Protein: 18% (Coarse),20% (Fine & Super Fine),20% (Mash)
Crude Fat: 15% (Coarse), 12% (Fine & Super Fine), 14% (Mash)
Crude Fiber 6.5% (Coarse), 5% (Fine & Super Fine), 8% (Mash)

I was considering purchasing the "Mash" version of the Harrison's high potency just so I didn't have to hammer up pellets several times a week. Do you think the differences in protein, fat, and fiber would be okay for Emma?
Posted By: BE2Cassie

Re: Difference in formulations of Harrison's bird food - 12/15/14 11:31 PM

That's something you will need to ask her vet about. It doesn't look to be a huge difference I would think the vet would approve it.
Posted By: SariStar85

Re: Difference in formulations of Harrison's bird food - 12/17/14 09:58 PM

I called the vet and they also said that the difference was negligible and it would be okay to purchase the already made mash vs the coarse pellets. Thanks for the feedback!
© 2018 Real Cockatoo Facts!