Mytoos

Cocky passes away...

Posted By: kerri

Cocky passes away... - 05/20/08 07:48 AM

I have just gotten home and found Cocky dead. She seemed perfectly normal in every way the last time I saw her nearly 2 hours ago. I am in shock. frown she was about 54 years old. I'll write more when I can focus better.
Posted By: couragee

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/20/08 08:25 AM

I am so sorry to hear of your news. It's when it is unexpected that it is so hard to take. a nicropsy will help you to determine what happened. In the mean time, Cocky flies free over the rainbow bridge tonight. I will pray for you both.
Posted By: Lene

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/20/08 09:52 AM

Ohhhh... Kerri.. I'm so sorry... It must have been such a shock for you...

Thinking of you

Posted By: Nemo22

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/20/08 09:59 AM

I am so sorry.
What a terrible loss.

Take care.
John cry
Posted By: BE2Cassie

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/20/08 10:25 AM

Kerri my heart goes out to you. What a terrible shock to loose your little Cocky. Prayers for you at this time. Nancy
Posted By: Stormy

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/20/08 12:33 PM

I am so sorry about the passing of Cocky. My heart goes out to you!
Posted By: hollipop

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/20/08 01:45 PM

Oh kerri, we are thinking of you over in england xxxxx
Posted By: hellobaby

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/20/08 02:02 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss!
Posted By: EchosMom

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/20/08 02:29 PM

My heartfelt sympathies.
Posted By: MissYumYum

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/20/08 04:49 PM

I am so sorry, Kerri! You were so blessed to have such a special bird in your life! Cocky is flying free now over the Rainbow Bridge! Prayers go out from here to you and your family for your loss.

Take care,
Annette
Posted By: Charlie

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/20/08 05:09 PM

I'm very sorry but Cocky lived a good long life and was fortunate enough to share the end with you!
Posted By: Java_One

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/20/08 07:45 PM

My sincerest condolences...
Posted By: rockinseattle

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/20/08 09:01 PM

Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: gizzytoo

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/20/08 10:09 PM

So sorry for your loss, prayers are with you..T.J...
Posted By: Ladyhutch

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/20/08 11:39 PM

Oh Kerri, I am so sorry to hear of your sudden loss of Cocky. As Charlie said, she lived a full life and spent the last of her time with you.
In time your treasured memories will ease your pain.
My heartfelt sympathies to you on your loss.
Sharon
Posted By: Rocky From Oz

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/22/08 12:58 AM

So sorry to hear of Cocky's passing. Take comfort in knowing that she knew you loved her.

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/22/08 07:27 AM

Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. Please give all your Toos a cuddle from me tonight.

Lots of love,
Kerri
Posted By: sandiego

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/22/08 07:37 AM

Oh my! So sorry for your loss!! 54 years, WOW!!!!! She experienced a lot of life!
Posted By: Dirtpilot

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/22/08 03:09 PM

Thinking of you Kerri!
Posted By: umbimom

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/22/08 03:12 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you Kerri. Sharon
Posted By: Bird Mom

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/23/08 02:27 AM

Very sorry...your "tribute" is lovely...
Posted By: spinnyspoo

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/24/08 03:32 PM

Oh Kerri, I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/26/08 03:37 AM

Thank you again everyone for your sympathy and support. It's been a tough time. Caring for and loving Cocky filled so much of my life it has been hard not to see her in almost everything I do.
I haven't decided what the future holds yet, I would like to adopt another Too one day, but I need time. Cocky has taught me a lot about the needs and wants of Toos and I'd like to use that knowlege to give a much better life to a mistreated Cockatoo somewhere one day.

Cockys' legacy lives on,

Lots of love,
Kerri.
Posted By: Birdiemommy

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/28/08 06:17 PM

Kerri, I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Posted By: Cassie's_girl

Re: Cocky passes away... - 05/28/08 09:33 PM

Kerri, I'm sorry I missed this earlier, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Give yourself time to grieve, and know you're not alone.

I spent a year and a half after losing Ollie not sure if another bird was in the cards for me. We got my daughter a cockatiel then, and I love it, but the bird for me didn't seem to be out there. Then another year later Cassie kinda fell into my lap, and I just know it was meant to work out this way.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through, and I hope you can take comfort in knowing you gave Cocky a good life.
Posted By: jaznblu

Re: Cocky passes away... - 06/05/08 09:00 PM

I am so very sorry to hear of Cocky's passing. Thinking of you
Posted By: flowerchild

Re: Cocky passes away... - 06/19/08 09:45 AM

i'm still grieving for a tiel that passed away 2 yrs ago. he'd been hatched here and lived 21 yrs. i cannot imagine losing a parrot after so long. selfish, i know, but it was the losses of so many dogs, cats, etc that made me want to purchase my first parrot. i wanted at least one pet that would live as long as i would. i realize now how foolish that was, but i have always expected her to outlive me, and membership here has taught me that even parrots leave us sooner than they should sometimes. though i understood that intellectually, my heart never really considered it until i read posts like yours, and there have been far too many. my deepest sympathies on your loss. we are all here to help you through this terrible time. many of us have experienced the same grief, and only bird lovers understand the bond and grief that comes with it. typing through tears now, must go love my babies and pray they never leave me.
Posted By: Linda L

Re: Cocky passes away... - 06/20/08 12:29 PM

My Dear Kerri,

So, so sorry to hear of your loss. Be comforted in knowing that Cocky was so happy with you in his life and "this was his time". Be accepting in knowing that "things just happen" as the old Celion Dion song goes "And Thats the Way It Is"

I wanted to write you sooner, but I have been very ill. Take strength in knowing you gave life with love and he reciprocated unconditionally. Now is the time to celebrate the love you both shared. You are sad now, but you will soon remember the good times and memories.

Thinking of you and will pray a silent pray for you and yours.

Love Linda and the Geros.

PS As I was watching the full moon rise (as you would be in Albany on Wednesday night) I was walking in the garden with Gero, my Weero (cockateil) on my shoulder, when I heard a sound. In the garage, on the outdoor fridge, was a little refuge on the top, a poor little mangled cockateil, obviously an escapee. Must have heard my Gero's call and thought he'd make himself at home albeit without any food or water. I gave him food and water, which I put into some accommodation (a cage, a word I hate to use). He ate like there was no tommorrow. Will go down to the avian vet later this week after he has settled down to get him checked out. Kerri, I lost a lovely doggie through old age a couple of months ago and wouldn't you believe it, another little angel has arrived, unannounced. One door closes and another one opens..... God bless you.
Posted By: 1wingwonder

Re: Cocky passes away... - 06/20/08 11:39 PM

Kerri, my deepest condolences for your loss, I feel for your aching heart..........
Cocky's legacy will live on in all you strive to do.....
Prayers and (((hugs))) to you & yours,
Jody

Re: Cocky passes away... - 06/23/08 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Linda L
My Dear Kerri
Kerri, I lost a lovely doggie through old age a couple of months ago and wouldn't you believe it, another little angel has arrived, unannounced. One door closes and another one opens..... God bless you.

It's so true, Linda, about the "door" thing, I am quite certain that one day there will be another Too that needs rescuing that will come into my life.
I am so sorry to hear you have been very ill, I hope you are 100% now.

I am overwhelmed by all the support I have received and continue to receive from folks at MYTOOS and my home town. Yesterday I bumped into a lady at my church who I hadn't seen for a while (she goes to the early service and I normally go to the late). Well, to cut a long story short, she asked how Cocky was and of course I had to tell her my sad news. She went on to say she had collected some gumnuts for Cocky and had been waiting to see me so she could pass them on. I had only asked her once before for some gumnuts from her tree and that was ages ago and she still remembered!!
Posted By: Chewy

Re: Cocky passes away... - 06/23/08 04:47 PM

I am so sorry bout Cocky.
Posted By: Razzle'sMommy

Re: Cocky passes away... - 06/26/08 05:39 AM

Kerri, I am sorry and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Cocky was lucky to have you! I have given Razzle an extra cuddle and kiss tonight for you. Lori
Posted By: Erayna

Re: Cocky passes away... - 07/10/08 02:43 PM

Oh Kerri....I am SO SORRY to hear of your loss. My bird is only 11, and can't imagine being without him. I will keep you in my toughts and prayers.
Erayna
Posted By: bellesmom

Re: Cocky passes away... - 07/11/08 07:07 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my U2 earlier this year and I miss her so much. I've decided that I will adopt another too, that will be my tribute to her by helping another. Your baby was lucky to have you and you were lucky to be the one God chose to be in Cocky's life. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
Posted By: Betty & My baby Sunshine

Re: Cocky passes away... - 08/04/08 06:03 PM

As a too owner I can only imagine what your loss feels like and it must be devastating. I am sure Cocky enjoyed life here with you to love him and I pray that your sorrow will ease and only fond memories flood your heart in time to come.
Posted By: Lucy's Mom

Re: Cocky passes away... - 08/09/08 04:51 PM

So sorry Kerri! (((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))

Posted By: KokomoG2

Re: Cocky passes away... - 08/16/08 07:45 PM

I am sooo sorry for your loss, keep your head up, we are thinking about you and Cocky. I am saying a prayer for comfort in your difficult time.
© 2020 Real Cockatoo Facts!