Mytoos

Hopping happy or that time of the year

Posted By: U2x2

Hopping happy or that time of the year - 02/07/18 09:08 PM

Otis, our rehome U2 of 6 months, is jumping/Hopping on the end of the couch. It seems that he only does it when I am the only one in the room and watching tv or using my tablet. I did a search, but did not find anything that matches his behaviour. Not sure if he trying to get my attention, or he is happy or if is a mating behaviour. When I do look at him, he continues jumping. Sometimes he will flap his wings and scream and I take that as a happy too. Just not sure how to respond to him or is this something I should discourage?? We have another U2, Tiki, that we also rescue about 3 year ago and he doesn't do this. Instead he will bobbed up/down with wings slightly out and vocalize and will do when all of us ( wife and son) are in the room. BTW....Otis will get both feet in the air when he hopping/Jumping but most time it one foot he gets air. Oh and stretches his body out like he trying to reach the ceiling. Thanks for for any advice or meaning.
Posted By: BE2Cassie

Re: Hopping happy or that time of the year - 02/08/18 12:19 AM

I have no idea what it means but Cassie seems to do the hopping when she's very excited and happy.
Posted By: Eddie O

Re: Hopping happy or that time of the year - 02/09/18 05:45 AM

My U2 does this too.... We just call it "Happy Hopping" !!
Posted By: RB2sMom

Re: Hopping happy or that time of the year - 02/09/18 01:07 PM

As do my RB2's....it is "I am so glad to see you"....like a toddler jumping up and down. If we go out to eat and come back, they are hopping happy, they are.
Posted By: U2x2

Re: Hopping happy or that time of the year - 02/12/18 05:26 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I going with the happy theme. I found that Otis does this with mom too when she is only one in the room.
© 2018 Real Cockatoo Facts!