Mytoos

What they really sound like...

Posted By: Janny

What they really sound like... - 04/26/11 11:06 PM

Thanks Jacques and Best Friends...

Cockatoo Vocals...friendly natural noises...
Posted By: 3toos

Re: What they really sound like... - 11/02/11 06:02 PM

My M2 just gave that video a rating of 2 stompy feet! LOL.

Having gone to visit FLOPRS in Coombs BC, where sadly they have to care for at least several hundred large birds, I can agree that they are LOUD!

But, I knew that going into this.

Everyone who ever wants to try to adopt one should be mandated to go to a rescue and volunteer for several months before being considered to be allowed to adopt. The loudness is just one of the "challenges".

Thanks for posting that.
Posted By: Lucy's Mom

Re: What they really sound like... - 12/05/11 12:57 AM

Have to love it! I am sending my Christmas parrot donation to Best Friends this year!!! Go Jacques!!!
Posted By: clowangel

Re: What they really sound like... - 12/22/11 01:32 AM

I played this for Springer, and she simply looked confused. lol She actually got a little scared and wandered over to the back of her cage.
Posted By: Chucki's Dad

Re: What they really sound like... - 12/22/11 04:19 AM

That woke Chucki up from snoozing. She climbed down from her perch, came over and sat on the laptop keyboard talking (maybe better described as screaming) at the Too in the screen. Ears still ringing. Gotta luv a Too
Posted By: 8ravioli

Re: What they really sound like... - 03/12/12 03:40 AM

That was an eye opener!!
But still they looked like they were all havin fun!!
Posted By: Dragonwyke

Re: What they really sound like... - 08/04/12 11:20 PM

that's so funny! that's almost exactly what my house sounds like sometimes lmao. i have 5 dogs soon to be 7, and 4 parrots including my Sylvester (U2), a 2yr old granddaughter and 6 adults in our home. it's a huge old farmhouse w/ALOT of rooms, lol. so a couple times a day it sounds just like this rescue. hehehe

dw~
Posted By: Chrisjohn

Re: What they really sound like... - 08/20/12 09:53 PM

Love it, couldn't help myself from laughing a true too fan will think ahhh home lol.
Posted By: jm47

Re: What they really sound like... - 08/26/12 03:22 AM

Every time I come here, I come in through the "front page" with the cockatoo screams waiting to happen if I con't click "Go to Mytoos" quickly enough. It's sort of a "can I do this quick enough, or not?" Some people will do anything for a little adrenaline rush! (I think I need to get out more. . .)
Posted By: BE2Cassie

Re: What they really sound like... - 08/26/12 03:23 PM

JM I forgot to shut off the sound one day at work and opened to the front page and wasn't quick enough! It didn't go over well with my co-workers.

Re: What they really sound like... - 08/27/12 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By: BE2Cassie
JM I forgot to shut off the sound one day at work and opened to the front page and wasn't quick enough! It didn't go over well with my co-workers.

I can imagine! (might wake 'em up?)
Posted By: PJsMom

Re: What they really sound like... - 08/27/12 04:25 AM

When we lost our U2 Dorothy my husband and I decided to revisit the "scream" page as we call it here, to see if we were willing to adopt again. We both started bawling at the sounds of squalling squawking Too.
P.S. mom thought we were nuts.

Re: What they really sound like... - 08/29/12 01:31 AM

But you DID adopt again, right? And now she understands a bit better, since PJ loves her, too?

I (crazy woman) enjoy hearing critters vocalize. I'm afraid I'm a very distracting person to have around at the zoo; I "talk back" to everybody!
Posted By: PJsMom

Re: What they really sound like... - 08/29/12 04:00 AM

That joyous ruckus is quite a happy sound. Mom always wanted a bird but didnt get one because of the commitment required. Now she has a grand birdie that she doesn't have to clean up after!
I'm with you JM! I don't care who sees me make a ruckus with bird, as long as it makes the bird happy and less bored smile
Posted By: Luvbirds

Re: What they really sound like... - 04/01/13 04:00 PM

I volunteer at a rescue and am surprised I don't have hearing loss lol. I'd gladly accept if I do laugh Toos are just amazing, beautiful birds. The M2s definitely take the cake! One in particular "calls" for me when I leave the M2/U2 room. I can literally countdown 3,2,1 and hear him above all the other 50 toos lol
Posted By: M2Tiki

Re: What they really sound like... - 04/04/13 02:18 AM

Luvbirds,

I know what you mean! I volunteer at a sanctuary too and sometimes it gets so loud there is nothing I can do but laugh. They're amazing, for sure!!!
Posted By: lv59

Re: What they really sound like... - 04/04/13 04:52 AM

Actually, my U2 is THE MOST silent bird you could ever imagine.. truthfully I have to initiate screams fests with him. I KNOW AMAIZING!!
Posted By: MenomaMinx

Re: What they really sound like... - 10/26/13 08:44 AM

Okay, was I the only one there thinking, "it's not really that loud"?

Seriously, I have the rather annoying ability to hear quite a bit above and below the normal hearing range of the average human, and the audiologist reports to back it up.

You want hear something really loud?

Back when I was in college, the college installed a security system whose wiring ran through the inside of the library ceiling that us students weren't supposed to know about. They didn't bother telling the library staff either; but after I complained to the disability counselor about the unbearable sound, she got back to me a few days later with the story about the security system. I could literally follow it around that part of the building and the damn thing was so loud and annoying that I couldn't stand to be in what was once my favorite room in the college(I had an approximately to book a day habit, pre-Internet access, and the god damn security system cutoff my access to my books.AGHHHHHHHHH!!!).

Anyway, happy bird is a happy bird; and unhappy neighbor is just a bird lover in training who's in denial my personal theory anyway ;-)
© 2018 Real Cockatoo Facts!