Mytoos

Shaping Step Up - Video

Posted By: EchosMom

Shaping Step Up - Video - 01/18/10 04:00 AM

Shaping Step Up by Parrot Enrichment
Posted By: ZazuSally

Re: Shaping Step Up - Video - 01/18/10 04:34 AM

EM, it opened OK for you. I get all kinds of crazy colours and can't make out what he is doing? Anybody know what could be causing that?

Bev

Re: Shaping Step Up - Video - 01/18/10 04:41 AM

Opens fine for me - all 3 of them! That is a really amazing video as it captures some of the smallest approximations used to actually get to the step up. And the last video - well it just speaks for itself! Seeing that bird step up without ANY hesitation - WANTING to step up, says it all!

ETA: For those watching that aren't familiar with ABA and approximations - watch the bird's feet. You will see in the beginning the distance that he keeps from the gentlemen. As the bird becomes more comfortable, he gets closer and closer and while not stepping onto the hand, his toes are actually underneath his hand. Awesome stuff.
Posted By: Janny

Re: Shaping Step Up - Video - 01/18/10 05:46 PM

AWSOME!!!!!!

Re: Shaping Step Up - Video - 01/18/10 06:11 PM

Kris has added a lot of wonderful things to her site. Worth a look. Both copies of her foraging and enrichment book are on there, free of charge. She also has a new DVD coming out with Pam Clarke and Pam will be showing how to make her 7 layer salad to feed your parrots.

Bev
Posted By: FeatheredAngels

Re: Shaping Step Up - Video - 01/18/10 07:16 PM

What wonderful videos, watched them all and got some lovely ideas.
Posted By: Janny

Re: Shaping Step Up - Video - 01/18/10 10:32 PM

That whole site has allot of very good things for our flocks to enjoy! Very good Bev!

Re: Shaping Step Up - Video - 01/18/10 10:49 PM

This weekend I am going to try Pam's 7 layer mix. It would be nice to see it done on video, but I'm going to wing-it and just follow the recipe.
Posted By: Bird Mom

Re: Shaping Step Up - Video - 01/19/10 03:13 AM

Interesting! Lots of useful information! Thanks for sharing!!

Re: Shaping Step Up - Video - 01/24/10 12:38 AM

Hey Bev, I just ordered the Nutrition DVD and see they used the picture of Zazu pushing her shopping cart! cool

Re: Shaping Step Up - Video - 01/24/10 03:28 AM

Kris asked for permisson to use it. As soon as I touch that cart, Zazu is all over me, wanting to push it.

You know what bugs me though, I can't get heru to go get the regular groceries. LOL

Bev
Posted By: angelinasmom

Re: Shaping Step Up - Video - 05/29/10 02:52 PM

Wow, Just started watching the step up video. For whatever reason angelina goes through periods of not wanting to step up and I have to start from scratch again. Im going to watch this in its entirety tonight when I have more time.
© 2018 Real Cockatoo Facts!