Mytoos

How many M2's do you see?

Posted By: EchosMom

How many M2's do you see? - 12/06/08 02:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILDnPl6FkcY
Posted By: Charlie

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/06/08 02:52 AM

I lost track, eight I think, none plucked, no chewed cabinets. Must be an exceptional family and Moluccans love improvisational jazz! How unique and fascinating, I wish they were members! grin
Posted By: Janny

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/06/08 03:03 AM

You know i wish they were members too. I think I could use their help. NONE of my birds get along that well. crazy
Posted By: Charlie

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/06/08 03:19 AM

Well, I know there are at least two people present and I'm sure they are on high alert! LOL
Posted By: charlieandme

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/06/08 05:11 AM

oh my goodness!!!! I want to meet them!! What a great flock, wonder how they do it?

I lost count too but the whole family loved it.
Posted By: itzazu2u

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/06/08 06:39 AM

I dumped a guy a few months back because he said I had too many umbrellas. I only have three!
Posted By: BE2Cassie

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/06/08 01:55 PM

Such a beautiful home, everything you see is stainless, tile, and hard woods!! With that many toos I'ld be willing to bet it's all new! LOL
Nancy
Posted By: FeatheredAngels

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/06/08 06:22 PM

Wow, totally impressed that all the woodwork is still in one piece lol. Lovely home, they must be very deligent parents! It would be wonderful to know what kind of routine they have with so many Toos.
Posted By: Libby

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/06/08 07:03 PM

Oh my goodness. Did you guys see the comments? Someone guessed 13 M2s and he said "not even warm". Wow. If you look closely at the end, at the base of their island, the woodwork is good and chewed. smile Makes me feel a little better. And I constantly get grief for 3. Cripes. They must be incredible people.

Libby
Posted By: birdsrule

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/06/08 07:50 PM

My first thought was how healthy those birds looked....I had to watch it twice.

Very Cool

Cathy

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/06/08 08:05 PM

A couple of people on FTB say this guy is a breeder or has breeder ties (disappointing), but so far I haven't found anything, except some photograph hosting sites and credits on the Indonesia Parrot Project's site.

There's no links on the video, so ENJOY!
Posted By: MissYumYum

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/06/08 09:05 PM

My husband would so walk out on me if I dared to let Isabella roam all over the kitchen counters and he was home to see it! And I get grief for one cockatoo, Libby grin! It's fun to see so many obviously healthy and happy M2's, so I do hope the guy isn't a breeder :(, but man, would I like to talk to him about how he keeps his house from being chewed to toothpicks, baseboard damage notwithstanding, LOL!

Thanks for sharing this link - very entertaining!

Annette
Posted By: Lucy's Mom

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/06/08 10:08 PM

Agreed!!! A great video...I am jealous smile
Posted By: nanuk

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/06/08 10:44 PM

Wish I could learn how to keep one u2 that happy and healthy. Is there a way to invite them and maybe learn more about how they manage it?
Posted By: Donnalee

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/07/08 12:08 AM

So cool! I would suspect that breeders wouldn't treat their birds this well and interact with them to have them this tame.

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/07/08 12:17 AM

If you check his Youtube site there are two breeders who signed up to subscribe. Anyone can do that, doesn't necessarily mean he breeds or supports them. I'll have to check mine and see if anyone signed up to subscribe. Nancy
Yup I have one person who subscribed to my Youtube account! LOL it's Megan,Sue, Bill & Corky!!!

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/07/08 12:52 AM

THEY HAVE 27 BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All are M2's. I just read that in their profile. HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/07/08 01:37 AM

YOWSERS! (The profile is new - it wasn't there last night).

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/07/08 01:42 AM

I didn't see it last night either.
Nancy
Posted By: itzazu2u

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/07/08 03:37 AM

O M G!!! Janny, did you say TWENTYSEVEN??? There is no way? How do they... They certainly have some of the most healthy birds I have ever seen!

You know, I hate to say it because I am sure somebody is going to wig out, BUT... I would hope like the devil, these folks aren't breeders, but if they are, they certainly have to go down as being the most caring breeders of the most healthy birds. I've never seen any other breeders coming anywhere close to demonstrating that level of care...freedom to move at will in an enclosure (house) that is warm, protected from harsh elements. All of this said, I am NOT saying I support breeders of any form!

Janny, 27? Wow...

Can somebody help me re-attach my bottom jaw?

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/07/08 03:37 AM

Yeah I was shocked at the final count. I am still not too sure if there is 27 or 28. I tried to count over but get messed up because I run out of fingers and toes.HAHAHAHA!

But I could not imagine life with that many M2's. That is a definite full time commitment.The unfortunate part if the whole situation is that I read in there that there are pairs and they are reproducing. frown But it doesn't sound like they sell them or anything to me anyway.
Posted By: Donnalee

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/07/08 05:08 AM

frown Yea, a "baby" from the "couple". frown
Posted By: MagnusG2

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/08/08 08:14 AM

That is amazing!!

As I read the comments, they have bred them, but not to sell. They keep them all for themselves.

I have enough on my hands with ONE G2!!
Posted By: Winter's mom

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/08/08 05:15 PM

I really don't understand how that is physically possible for even 2 people staying home with them full time to care for 28 Molucans.... They can't possibly all be in the same room loose at the same time can they? Really.... HOW DO THEY MANAGE?
Posted By: charlieandme

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/08/08 06:05 PM

I'm actually more concerned about the bird's future. There will be some point when they won't be able to care for them. I hope they have a good plan.

Not that I agree with what they are doing but they don't appear to be typical hoarders, the birds are in a clean environment and look well cared for. If you read about M2's at the cockatoo rescue in Washington the birds don't need much human companionship when they are part of a flock.
Posted By: MypoorBaby

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/19/08 02:37 AM

If you check out their other video on their profile, you'll see they have a newly hatched M2.
Posted By: Jessah

Re: How many M2's do you see? - 12/19/08 02:59 AM

Here is his comment about his birds for all those wondering :-)

"Ruby is the M2 hanging from the toy in the M2's playing video. I have 15 rescues, so no worries there. I try to provide an environment like they would have in the wild, so that's why I added a spot for a pair of them to breed. They are quite tollerant of the other M2's in close proximity, but a second nest box didn't work at all."
© 2018 Real Cockatoo Facts!